8 - The Worst

Kylie

After Dylan’s confession a few hours ago in his music studio, I try my best to act as if there were nothing wrong going on with him. We keep talking and blabbering and, at times, debating over small things. But that’s perfectly fine though, because I’m starting to get used to it. Being around him could be so challenging and exciting all at the same time.

I also have to admit the fact that Dylan is a master at deceiving people. I mean, he could act like so calm outside, when actually he’s messed inside. I know that like people often say, ‘Don’t judge a book by its cover’, I can’t judge him by his cover only. Everyone’s cover could be so manipulative after all.

“Have you apologized to Anna?” Dylan’s voice suddenly snaps me out of my thoughts in a matter of seconds, causing me to jump slightly on my spot in surprise. His eyes are still on his laptop where it’s playing a movie called Saw.

Well, I’ve never actually been a huge fan of Saw since this movie presents sadism, harming, and any other inhumanity and inappropriate scenes that seem too horrible. I don’t even think this movie gives people at least a moral message after all. But why the hell am I watching this, of all movies?

Well, let’s just say that I lost the argument with him when choosing which movie we should watch a couple of moments ago, and whether I like it or not, I have to watch it along with him. Such a torture, I know, since I’ve never been quite a fan of this movie. Yeah, even though I have to admit the fact that I’m also curious about the movie itself.

But nonetheless, Disney is still the best, that’s for sure.

“I have tried a few times, but none of them is responded by her.” I turn slightly on my spot so that I can face his face clearly, as I let out a frustrated sigh, suddenly realizing the fact that I still have a problem to solve. The feeling of being unable to do something to fix my friendship with Anna just gives me a wave of misery, totally.

“Does she really matter?” He asks a question that causes my eyebrows to frown in confusion.

“What do you mean?”

“Uh, forget it.”

“Because you’ve spoken it out loud and I’ve accidentally heard it, you really need to tell me.” My voice sounds demanding when I said so.

“Really, it ain’t matter. Forget it.” He, on the other hand, replies my statement in such a calm tone as he shrugs his shoulders as if it didn’t matter, like what he said a moment ago. He turns away so that he’s facing his laptop where it plays the movie without even glancing at me.

I have no interest in replying him anymore this time, because I know it’d be pointless after all. We watch the movie in silence for the next few minutes, before the movie finally ends in a way that could make my heart literally pop out of my chest.

No, I’m actually kidding. It’s not literally, ya’ know.

“Let’s meet Anna.” He says in such a calm tone as if he’s just stated something unimportant to me.

Stammering like a complete idiot I am, I open my mouth slightly in surprise as the word slips out of my mouth, “W-what?”

“No replay. You heard it.” He shuts the laptop down and puts it into his black-colored bag.

“But.. but I’m not ready!” I yelp at him in response, and I’ve just realized how childish I must’ve sounded.

“If you always wait until you’re fully ready, you would never have the chance to meet and apologize with her.” He stares at me with such intense that I’m sure could warm my heart in only a blink of an eye.