10 - The Group

Sorry for the wait, I hope this one doesn't disappoint you!

(p.s. there are some truth revealed in this chapter so you better keep going ;))

***

Kylie

A three-times knock sounds suddenly against the wooden door of my apartment, tearing up the comfortable silence I was in a few moments ago.

Putting my journal book on the desk beside the couch I’m sitting on, I immediately walk towards the door and open it up only to find a familiar brown-haired boy I’ve seen a lot for the past few weeks.

“Uh, sorry for waiting too long.” Is Dylan’s very first greeting, followed by an apologetic grin across his face.

“Who says I’m waiting for you?” I cross my arms defiantly in front of my chest with an eyebrow raised in don’t act like Mr. Know-It-All kind of way.

But that doesn’t make him step backwards in fear or something like that, of course. Instead, his grin gets wider as he steps closer towards my direction.

“Are you still mad at me, babe?” He asks bluntly, that annoying grin never leaving his face.

How dare him to say like that!

Slapping his arm a little bit too hardly, he suddenly winces n pain to my action as he lets out an ouch.

“Saying that kind of nickname to me ever again and I swear to God you’ll never get the chance to have a kid.” I’m sure as hell my cheeks must have been the complete color of a blossom rose. The moment I get to knowing him further for these past few weeks, I slowly realize that teasing people has become his terribly bad habit.

This bastard, though.

“Don’t you feel sad if we don’t have kids because of your stupid action?” His laugh booms loudly through the room as he teasingly said so.

“Holy fuck, what a funny joke! Wow, I’m so impressed.” I let out a fake laugh that unfortunately turns out to be something like a starving dog chokes on a bunch of sausages instead. The feeling of wanting to forgive him a few moments ago suddenly vanishes in the air, replaced by the new feeling of complete annoyance towards him.

“Okay, fine. Sorry for that ones, really. It’s just pretty funny to see you blushing the way my powerful words came out.” He chuckles lightly like he’s just stated something unimportant.

The fact is, it bothers the hell out of me. I have to admit the bitter truth that his teasing side a little bit too much reminds me of the bastard ex named Leo. I like it, but hate it too on the other side.

How am I supposed to move on if this guy who stands in front of me keeps reminding me of him?

“Can you stop doing that?” I flash him a death glare. This guy has succeeded to fish my anger out to the surface, for heaven’s sake.

“Doing what?” He frowns in confusion as if he’s never done something wrong to me. The truth is, he has. Quite often, even.

“Doing something like teasing the fuck out of me. Do you think I’m happy with it? Hell no.” Okay, I’m starting to act so overreacted and dramatic and hyperbole here since the anger has taken control of my mind.

“Hey, I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you angry.” His expression has changed quickly from being curious to anxious.

I know that I shouldn’t have said something so evil like that to him since he knows nothing, but I just can’t control the way my mood swings. It comes out spontaneously that I don’t even think of it first.