11 - The Game

Kylie's POV

We're gathered in the room, sitting down on the black carpeted floor cross-leggedly while all of us looking at the empty bottle of champagne in anticipation as it spins around, deciding of whom to choose before it slowly comes to a halt. The head of its bottle directly points at the chubby boy, Rob.

"Ha! Truth or Dare?" David is the one who breaks the vague tension among us. His eyes sprinkle mischievously as a wide grin spreads across his face.

I bet he must have planned out something unfathomable to Rob. Oh, poor boy.

"Um, Truth." Rob mutters quietly, but it's enough for all of us to hear him quite clearly since the tape has been turned off.

"He must be really nervous, I bet." Dylan whispers to my ear amusedly so that no one but me can hear his words. I can completely hear his soft chuckle against my ear as he said so before then I feel him leaning back to his normal position.

Thanks, God!

His oh so inappropriate action a few times ago has seemed to disappear within him as if it had never happened before. The people around me also seem fine and act so normally as if they had never caught something strange occurred between their goddamned bastard friend and I.

And what do you expect them to react if they saw? The high-pitch whistles along with them saying, "Congrats! I know there'd be something between you two!"? My subconscious states matter-of-factly as she rolls her eyes lazily.

But I can't drop off the thought of him being so extremely close to me as we stared at each other intensely. And his minty scent though! Damn it, my cheeks suddenly warm at the thought.

"Tell us your most embarrassing moment you've ever done or gone through in your lifetime without cutting off the details. You know, the one that makes your hair rise in cringe only by the thought of it." David's words interrupt my reverie abruptly, because I'm suddenly thrown back to the present time. By the look of David's face, I can say that he looks completely smug and crafty at a time.

Oh God, no wonder why he was called The Big D along with his other bastard friend who happens to sit beside me.

"What? No, please! Can you change the question? I'd answer truthfully to your question, but please not this one." Rob's expression has changed from anxious to horror as David spluttered his magical statement. His chubby cheeks have become the perfect color of crimson, and I can immediately tell that he's beyond uncomfortable and embarrassed to tell us his experience.

Oh, poor him.

"Come on, Tob! This is just a freaking game and your secrets is surely safe in our hands." It's Dylan's turn to speak this time, and I can sense rather than see the wicked grin in his words.

I think these two Big Ds complete each other perfectly, for God's sake.

Glancing around at the other two people who have been quiet since the game was played, I notice Emma and Brad who are holding in the urge to burst into laughter. Unconsciously, each tip of my lips rises up into a vague smile.

For the first time since my hectic life these past few days, I feel at home here.

"Don't push him too hard, boys." Brad's calm voice snaps me out of my thoughts, pulling me back to the reality. I cast a glance at Brad who sounds so chill as he said so, but I know he also wants to know the secret by the look of his brows vaguely frowning in curiosity.

Clearing his throat, which I assume is deliberately, Rob finally is able to open his mouth again after what feels like centuries and spills the words out, "You guys aren't allowed to laugh while I'm telling you my story or I won't continue on telling it further."