1: Chapter 19

"AMNESIA!!?"

"Look, I don't know how she got it, but Dinah doesn't remember anything before the fire." Lauren attempted to explain, "She may recognize a few of us, but she has no idea who we are or where she met us. At least that's what the doctor said." Camila slung her head back in frustration while Mani and Ally kept quiet, hugging one another like there was no tomorrow.

"Oh. Okay." Ally whimpered shakily, resting her head on Mani's shoulder. Camila couldn't take it any longer. She had to see Dinah or she'd probably explode and Lauren's explanation just made it even worse. Camila beat the stone wall one last time before brushing past Lauren to enter the hospital room. The three remaining girls shared a glance.

"Go after her." Normani muttered.

"You're the only one who can explain to her what's going on." Ally added in a voice so small it was almost inaudible. Lauren nodded and slowly walked into the small, white room.

Camila saw Dinah on one of the beds and slung herself onto her. Dinah was apparently unconscious again because she didn't so much as flinch at the impact of Camila's body against hers. She heard the door creak open and knowing very well it was Lauren immediately barked at her.

"This is all your fault, you know."

"Camila-"

"Don't try to deny it, Lauren! If you didn't leave for the store, Dinah would never had ordered the pizza and everything would be fine, but its not! You did leave for the store and now Dinah might be gone forever!"

"Camz-"

"Don't Camz me!" Camila snapped, "You're a murderer to me! First your siblings now Dinah?"

"Hey! I didn't kill anyone, that idiot with the hideous tattoos did!"

"I still won't forgive you! Lauren, you may have killed my best friend!"

"And how do you think I feel!? Dinah is the one who almost helped me out of my depression! Dinah is the only one who doesn't think of me as some sort of freak! Besides that, my daughter is in the exact same state as Dinah if not worse!" Camila could hear Lauren's voice crack as she slowly began to lose her composure, "You seem to forget about my depression, my PTSD, and little Shyloh's condition!"

"Because I don't care!" Camila stopped once she realized what hurtful things she just said. Camila turned to face a flabbergasted Lauren. "Lauren I-" Before she could apologize, Lauren was running out the door in tears. What have I done?

Mani was still sitting in the hallway with Ally, holding and comforting her when a sobbing Lauren ran past them then out the hospital doors. Camila shortly followed but stopped in front of the two, watching as Lauren ran out the door.

"Woah- what happened in there, Camila?" Mani asked.

"I made a huge mistake!" Camila ran out of the hospital, following Lauren's figure who was a good ways ahead of her. As she was running she began to regret all the things she said to Lauren. About her not caring, about Lauren's past or about Shyloh's condition.

Camila stopped when she reached a split road. She had lost track of Lauren so now Camila had to choose which path to take without influence. She looked on the pavement and saw a charm bracelet lying on the ground. Camila knew it was Lauren's, she could recognize it from anywhere for she was the one who gave it to her when they first met at boot camp.

Camila ran down the street at top speed hoping to regain some lost ground between Lauren and herself. Deep in her heart Camila knew she was wrong and was hoping Lauren hadn't made a terrible mistake, but little did Camila know she already had.