Chapter 8: Escape

Lisa

"I just want a normal life," I mumble, fear is overwhelming me.

I hug myself in my own room- looking exactly like my room in Mr. Yang's mansion that Joong copied- contemplating and scared of what's happening in my life.

After that incident, the night in which Jennie almost drained me to death, I didn't dare to leave my room anymore. I don't even know how long I imprisoned myself here.

I just keep on thinking about the outside world and my friends. I wonder how they are or how they cover up my schedule. Are they worried about me?

I sigh, curling myself on the bed with a pillow. I miss them so much. I hope they're doing okay.

Jeongyeon has my phone. She keeps on texting our gang, pretending that she's me and I'm on a vacation with Jennie. But I can't shake the feeling of being scared of death here.

I don't want to die yet. I still have lots of plans in my life. But Jennie made me think how weak I can be. I can't help but remember my tragic past and I hate it.

I hate how she lied to me. I hate how she made me feel special even just for a while. And I hate her for almost killing me.

I hate her, and she knows that. That's why she's been apologizing, popping out of nowhere just to say sorry. But I only end up freaking out and run away.

She had no idea how scared I am. I'm only a human and she's a bloodsucking monster. I have nothing against her.

Thinking about it grimaces me, remembering how I almost died.

I only sleep my fear away with an empty stomach. I just wish this is just a nightmare.

The next day, I feel someone caressing my cheek. Its hand feels so warm, soothing me. But I who's this hand though.

Despite the heavy eyelids, I try to wake up to catch a glimpse of who's in my room. But to my surprise, no one is around but an air blowing from the open window.

"I thought someone's here," I mumble, yawning as I rub my eyes. But then I see a tray of healthy meals on the nightstand with a message to it. It's quite a lot but I take the note.

I made you breakfast. I hope you like it. - JENNIE

She sneaks into my room. I hate how she does that, it scares me. And reading this only brings me back to my nightmare reality.

I look at the tray again and my stomach growls. I want to resist the urge but I end up eating it.

It's been a while since I eat. I'm just glad it's decent human food, and I feel energized.

I need to be healthy and find a way to escape here. I can't just let myself stuck in here when I know my life is in danger.

A knock on the door disrupts me. It's Yeri. She's been checking on me since she's the only human I can trust my life with.

I've been isolating myself. Although they are my friends, I never let Jeongyeon or Roseanne come into my room. I'm still scared of what they are.

But Yerim encourages me to go outside. The idea scares me, but I think this is my only chance.

"Is... Jennie around?" I ask, scared. Yeri only shakes her head. They are all in Mina's kingdom for some business. She was left to take care of me since they all know I'm comfortable around her.

I feel a little relieved, yet a disputable feeling brims. I've been avoiding Jennie, and I don't wish to see her. Somehow, I can't help but think about how she's doing.

I leave my room, still feeling a little bit wobbly and hazy after gaining some strength. But I hope this is just enough for me to look around for an escape.

It makes me happy to feel the sun again. The wind of trees in the backyard also relaxes me, making me feel like I'm in my real world when this is just made dimension.

I'm starting to regain my energy back. I can finally stand straight, and I can walk on my own without Yeri's help. I feel so happy yet nervous while I walk back and forth, spying my eyes around.

But this is only the beginning of my escape plan.

I turn to Yeri who's having her archery training while I'm sitting on a bench.

"Um, Yeri? Can I go pee?"

She stops stretching the string, looking at me with concern.

"Do you want me to help you take you there?"

I shake my head, smiling. "No, I think I can do it on my own now."

Yeri nods, telling me where the toilet is. I walk my way there, leaving Yeri as I keep on watching her, still doing her archery. But I run away when I'm sure that she can't see me.

I go back inside the mansion and I only get a headache, realizing how huge this mansion was. But I didn't give up and start wandering around, looking for an exit. I can't let this chance slip to escape.

I run my way to some doors. Fuck, there are a lot of doors here. I pick one and exit silently, not wanting to echo a creak in the damn hall. I look to the sky, looking clearly fine.

I look around while rushing my way to the massive gates with gargoyles on them. It's quite scary how they seem to look at me but I don't care. I open the gates and leave the mansion but I stop midway, remembering the last time I ran here.

Joong said he won't be sure of my safety if I ever cross the barrier again. But they're not here, I'm sure Joong deactivates it or what.

But hell, I have no idea about that barrier that electrocuted me, but I have to go back to my world!

"Trying to escape?"

A voice behind me stops me in my tracks. I freeze on my spot, recognizing that voice. I look around, hesitating but my eyes go wide to see Jennie's blank stares.

"Aaaaaaaaah!"

I run for my life, freaked out of her presence once again. She looks so pissed, ready to kill me. But I only electrocuted myself again when I run past the freaking invisible barrier!