Chapter 22: The Third War

Nyeong-an!

Enjoy the last chapters!

================================

Jennie

I feel so lost, dead than I was, after being stabbed by Pranpriya's harsh words. Her broken promises and lies are weakening me. 

I don't know how many days have passed, but I just cry myself at the treehouse's mattress where Lisa and I made love. Watching her picture from her phone only craves me to have her in my arms again.

"I miss you so much, Pranpriya," I whisper. I let my tears fall on the damp pillow as I caress Lisa's cheeky smile from the phone. I hug the device, imagining that I once again hug her.

I sigh, wiping my tears as I sit on the mattress. Looking over my shoulder, I see Joong and Nayeon staring apologetically at me.

"What do you want?" I ask, covering myself with a blanket. "I'm sleepy. Leave me alone."

I only hear Nayeon stifle a laugh. "You know you don't sleep, right?"

"I'm trying," I grunt, curling myself.

"I don't think you'll be able to have peace when the war is coming, Jennie."

"I will kill whoever tries to disturb me from my—" Throwing the blanket away from me, I sit up to look at them with squinted eyes. "What did you just say?"

Joong and Nayeon look at each other before Joong snaps his finger to summon a scroll. He catches it from the air and ambles to me with a soothing smile.

"I received a message from Lisa," he utters, and my eyes bawl out. I stand before him, staring at the paper scroll.

"What? You're... kidding, right?" Joong only shakes his head and hands me the scroll.

"No. You have to read this, and you will understand everything."

Curious, I take the scroll with hope and anxiety brimming in me. But I read it, making me fill with fear yet joy.

To Pax,

I, Pranpriya, the queen of the black witch clan, relaying this message for peace and not to cause harm or peril. 

And here I am, apprising you that my Mother Urassaya and the Nox, plan to ambush the Paxiemus kingdom in the next three days. 

Prepare for the bloody battle! Strengthen your forces and evacuate the innocents! And promise me to win this battle no matter what!

And my beloved Ji-Ryu, I'm still keeping my promise. And I humbly apologize for all the things that I said to hurt you and the girls. See you at the third war.

Love,
Lisa 

*****

In the kingdom of Malebris, there sits a queen on her throne, staring blankly at the ceiling. Her body feels so strong, yet she feels miserable and weak. She knows very well she only needs one person to heal her.

But she tries to shrug it off. Instead, she's wondering if her friends and the Pax leaders have already received the message. Esther, her messenger still hasn't received one— not to mention, Esther was nowhere to be found.