[ Chapter XXIV ]

Natasha was waiting downstairs for Jeni to call her

Meanwhile
Jeni's father asked Jeni to sit so that they can talk... Jeni was looking down and her father was looking at her...

After some time Jeni started saying " Dad... I did not leave the competition, and I don't want to... " her father was confused "what?.............Why?"

" Cause Dad I am willing to participate "

"But Jeni if you lose it affects my reputation.. "

Jeni looked at her father and said.. " But dad... Singing is my passion... I don't care about the end result but I will give my best now... Haven't you said dad... Winning or losing is not the matter, participating is the thing that matters a lot.... What is it now? "

He was taken aback... He doesn't know what to reply... He looked at her, whose eyes were filled with determination... He couldn't say no to her anymore... Deep down he felt proud of his daughter who is fighting for her passion...

But he cannot immediately say yes to her request cause it affects his ego... So he shook his head in a way saying " I'll think "

Jeni know her father very well... She has already convinced him... His eyes tell that but his ego controls his mouth... What to do... She thought this to herself and smiled a little...

Her father looked at her again and asked " who gave this confidence... You never talk back when I say something... "

Jeni smiled slightly... Its a girl... A girl who I thought as my rival... Who i hated the most... She did... She helped me fight for my passion... She gave the idea for convincing you... And yeah I brought her here today dad... If you want I'll call her here... She is truely an angel dad... I know you will like her.... "

Her father looked at her with a amusement... His daughter who never spoke of anyone as her friend and never this greatly praised anyone..... And never brought anyone home... Has now praising this girl and what is special about her... He was really curious...

He said... " Mmm.... Offcourse.. Bring her " Jeni smiled at her dad... And went downstairs to bring Natasha to meet her dad...

When she went down Natasha was not there... Jeni was confused... Where did she go... Even if I ask these maids I don't whether they will know her... Ah.... Anyway let me try... " Hey, I brought a girl home right? do you know where did she go.... "

The maid smiled and said casually... " Oh! Natasha... Offcourse I know her mam.. She is in the garden... " saying this she walked away...

Jeni was suprised.. On how the maids know her name.. Say that so casually like friends... Thinking this she walked to the garden.... And was again surprised....

Natasha was watering the plants along with the gardener... And they both were speaking like old school mates... Natasha has become friends with every workers in the mansion... Jeni smiled saying " Oh man this girl... " while saying this she was interupted by a man standing behind her saying... " she is such a sweet girl" Jeni turned back... It was her father's manager... " Oh... Hi uncle when did you come... Sorry I didn't notice you... " The man smiled saying.. " Its ok dear... I came 15 min ago... The maids said you were talking with your father so i was waiting for you to finish... "

Jeni said... " Oh... And how do you know her uncle... "

"who, Natasha... I don't know her... I just met her today... She was sitting in the waiting hall, and I asked her if she is waiting for someone she said that she is your friend... And I told that Iam your uncle... That's it she started talking to me like her own uncle... He said laughing... But Jeni I have never seen her among your friends... And also you never bring anyone home... So who is she... " Jeni smiled at him saying " she is my new friend.. And my best friend..."

The man patted her shoulder saying.. " she is a pleasant young woman... Iam happy you have a friend like her... "
saying this he walked away...

Jeni ran towards Natasha calling her name... " Natasha.... Come here.. Dad wanna meet you.. "

Natasha waved her hands at Jeni... She gave the pipe to the gardener and walked towards Jeni... " hey, coming.. "

Natasha went near Jeni... Jeni asked " it seems like some one made some new friends " Natasha laughed at her and said... "come on, I did nothing everyone in your home are sweet... I don't know but I feel like at home here.. So how did it go... Have you convinced your father? "

Jeni smiled at humming "Mmmhmmm , seems like that " Natasha got all teeths... " Oh... , congrats... My fellow competitor... Lets see who takes home the trophy... " she said teasingly... Jeni played along saying... " yeah... Offcourse it gonna be me "

 Offcourse it gonna be me "

Both walked upstairs... Teasing and playing with each other... When they reached their father's office... Natasha suddenly became quiet... Jeni turned to her and looked at her as though asking " what happen " Natasha smiled slightly saying... " feeling nervous... "

Jeni smiled at her honesty and said... " Don't worry he sure will like you " Natasha lifted her one eyebrow and asked " And how do you know that? "
Jeni said teasingly after thinking some time.... " cause i did.. Me and my dad are exact same to same... If we were bad we be terribly bad and when good we were soo good"acted like wiping her eyes....

This made both of them laugh... Now both the girls knocked the door..
There was a voice saying "come in"

Both girls quietly went inside and sat... Jeni's father was working on his laptop sincerely without noticing them...

So they quietly waited for him to notice...

After sometime he looked up and immediately realized they were waiting for him... So he apologized saying... " Oh, Iam so sorry.. I kept you waiting."

Natasha said.. " its ok sir, no problem " Now he looked at Natasha for first time and was stunned... Frozen... He became suddenly very shocked, his smile disappeared... Natasha doesn't know what's wrong she felt uncomfortable ... But he was very quiet.... So she cleared her throat saying " Ummm... Eh.. Sir... Is there any... Problem... "

Suddenly the man's eye became teary... He murmurmed to himself... " No... No no no... Not possible , its not true,is it? " the poor girl was confused for a second she literally thought that this man has some problem with his mind...

Jeni sensed how uncomfortable Natasha was so she spoke "Dad!? , what are you doing.."

He looked at Jeni and said.. " Jeni , go bring that old box from store room " Jeni was confused " What? But Dad why so suddenly..? "

His looked at her saying " just go bring it" she nodded her head at her father and looked at that scared girl next to her and said " I'll be back " with that she left the room...

What is it? Why is he acting strange... ??