Bakery Girl

So, this ones dedicated to this cool girl I met on here.

Her names, Jeni.

Her user name is :

conscience

So, fan her and check out her stories and stuff.

KIKI

~*~

I'm working the night shift at the Johny's Bakery. I'm helping the chef, Johny, roll some dough. And let me tell you it is gruesome work. You get yourself all floury. And at the moment, the flour was smeared on my cheeks, my hair and especially my hands.

Grace, the other girl working the night shift walks in the kitchen.

"Hey, Jeni. Can you take over at the register? My shifts over." She tells me.

"Yeah, sure!" I say, nodding my head eagerly. I would be glad for any excuse to get out of the floury battle field.

"Great." She smiles.

I wipe my hands on my apron and begin to walk out to the register. I stop in my tracks when I see at the register a guy I've been crushing on for, like, forever. He sits next to me in Algebra and I guess you could say we're acquainted. His name is Adam Geoffrey. He's Mr.Popular and all and it may seem a bit cliche that I like him, but he's different! He's really sweet, and cute, and smart and, did I mention cute?

He had the look all girls swooned over. Sandy blonde hair and blue-green eyes. He was tall and lean, with broad shoulders. He was wide reciever on the football team(Yes! I'm proud to announce I learned my football facts! Thanks to the help of my best friend, Nathan).

I spin around to leave and go at least wash myself clean of all this flour, but it's too late. Adam has seen me.

"Jeni?" He asks. I turn around. "Jeni! Hey."

I walk toward the register, a fake smile plastered on my face. Yes, I'm glad to see him. But, not looking like the way I did now. Like, some sort of flour monster.

"Whoa. Looks like someone dumped a flour bag on you." He says, laughing.

I let out a little fake laugh. He was so over exaggerating.

He stretches his arm over the counter and wipes some flour of my cheek. When he pulls away, my cheeks turn a bright red color. I almost reach my hand up and touch the spot where he stroked my cheek.

"You had some flour there. Well, you have some flour everywhere." He teases.

"Ha-ha." I say, still blushing. "So, what would you like?"

"Ummm. Can I get a cup of hot Cocoa and a blue berry muffin?" He asks.

"Coming right up." I write his order down and ring it up on the register.

"$8.32 please." I say.

He smiles and pays for his order.

"You can take a seat and I'll bring your order to you." I tell him.

"All right." He says, smiling his 1,000 dollar smile that makes me swoon before leaving to a table. I smile at his retreating figure.

Johny puts Adam's orders on the top dividing barrier between the front and the kitchen.

I take his order and walk toward his table and set it down for him.

"Here ya go. Hope you like it." I say, smiling.

"Thanks." He replies with a smile.

I head back to the register and wait for another customer to walk in. Adam's getting up to leave and he waves bye to me as he begins to walk out. The door opens before he can walk out. It's my best friend Nathan.