The Helping Hand

Hey guys!

This one is dedicated to my awesome bestie, Karina! She just recently made an account on here so you should check out her profile and fan her even though she doesn't have any stories. And, Karina! If you're out there somewhere (Maybe in your bathroom reading this) I hope you like it!!!!

KIKI

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

[Karina's POV]

I leap down the steps of my current high school, Northside Prep.

"It'a Friday!" I scream in an incredibly high pitched voice.

This may seem like a cliche, but Friday is my favorite day of the week. It means that for 2 whole days, I don't have to be at school. I may sound like one of those crazy rebels, but that'a not true. I don't take my education lightly. What I usually do on Fridays is finish my homework, as quickly as I can and spend the rest of my weekend 'rotting my mind' (My moms words, not mine) on the TV and my iPod touch. My iPod touch is of course used to stare at pictures of One Direction.

I start doing this retard dance thing that included me wiggling my hips and shaking my arms.

People close by give me looks probably wondering if I'm special. And, not in the good way. I simply grin back at them like a mad woman.

At this point, you might be thinking About how completely insane I am. Like, someone, quick get her to the nearest mental home. There'a nothing wrong with me, I'm just very. . . outspoken. I dance for a few more seconds, closing my eyes as enjoy the cold breeze of Fall. Autumn was almost over, and for me, that meant Winter Break.

I turn around and stare at the doors of the school waiting for my best friend to walk out. I tap my foot impatiently before I finally see her coming towards me.

"Gemma! Over here!" I shout enthusiastically. I wave my arms frantically and hop up and down.

Gemma cheeks turn pink an she walks over to me with her head down. Ah, the walk of shame. She must be embarrassed. People must have been giving me some weird looks. Eh, screw them.

It was weird that Gemma and I are best friends, seeing as we are the exact opposite of each other.

Gemma is tall with red hair and brown eyes. She's shy but, when you get to know her, she's fun to be around. I, on the other hand, am short with dark-ish light-ish brown hair and hazel eyes. I can be shy, but that's not vey common for on my 'It's Friday!' outburst, you can probably make the inference that I don't really give a crap what most people think. Why should I care what they think, anyway? They don't do it often.

Gemma makes her way over to me a small smile on her face.

"You're crazy, you know that right?" She informs me.

"You're just now figuring that out?" I ask, raising my eyebrows.

We walk side by side to the bike racks to get our backs. We'd decided to ride our bikes as soon as he weather got better. Much better than being dropped and picked up by my mother. To many awkward embarrassing "love you, mommy!" Moments.

I unlock my bike from the locks Gemma doing the same.

We take of down the sidewalk making an unspoken agreement. My house it is.

I honestly don't know why we like hanging out at my house so much. My dinky butt head brother, Theo, has been staying with us. While he's been 'taking a break' from college. He swears he'll go back in 2 weeks. I don't believe that he's actually taking a break though. I think he'a hiding something. I would investigate, but I don't want to be bothered with him.