Eastern Palace Side Story 5 (Part 2)

Full of Roses with Fragrance Overflowing Entire the Courtyard (Part 2)

Before she would always call me "Shi Liu Niang," just like how my family did. Listening to her call me "Your Highness" made me feel a bit sad. She sat with her face slightly sideways, and though she did not seem reserved, but I felt that the intimacy and casualness we had before was really gone.

Lunch was placed in the Hanbi Hall, which was facing towards the Taiye Pond. At this time, new lotus flowers were blooming in the pond. The delicate, yellow lotus leaves were the size of a palm and floated on the glass-like surface of the pond, like the golden dimples on a beauty's cheeks, moving with the wind and waves, as if the dimples were only faintly visible.

I couldn't help but mention about the past, "When Chaoyang invited us to come to the palace to play, several of us sneaked into the Taiye Pool to row, but no one knew how to row a boat. The boat drifted to the middle of the pond and kept circling in the water, but I couldn't move it. Later, an eunuch, who was in charge of the place, had found out and sent a boat to come and row our boat back. I was really worried about being scolded at that time."

The sunlight was shining brightly and the curtain was drawn on the upper floor. The gleaming reflection of waves had shone through the bottom of the curtain, which made Yuan Shan's face look like white jade. Her eyes reflected the waves of light, like a shining black jewel, but once her eyes turned, it seemed that the pair of bright eyes darkened again, although her tone of voice was still very calm, "Thinking about it, this was ten years ago."

At that time, we were still young and did not understand the size of the world. Apparently, this world would have so many worries.

I asked, "How about we steal some cherries?"

Yuan Shan was stunned, looking at me who was excited. I said, "The biggest cherry tree in the imperial garden is still there."

Hearing me say this, Yuan Shan covered her mouth and laughed. Before, when it became late spring, we always picked cherries. Although people in the palace were bestowed with cherries every year, those cherries were not as sweet as the ones I have stolen. Thinking about this would always make me feel very happy. I was thinking of ordering someone to bring me some clothes to change into before going to climb some trees. Suddenly, I heard someone whisper outside the curtain. It seemed as though Yao Niang was talking to someone.

I asked, "Who's outside?"

Seeing that she couldn't hide this, she could only come out of the curtain and tell me, "His Majesty has sent people here."

I was stunned and said, "Let him in."

A'Mu had sent an eunuch here, who was holding a gold plate filled with the freshest cherries. The eunuch said respectfully, "His Majesty just saw that these cherries were ready to be picked, so he picked some and ordered me to bring these to Your Highness."

I looked at the plate of big red cherries and sighed. The eunuch saw that I was unhappy, so he hurriedly took a big step forward and said, "His Majesty also said that today, Your Highness is meeting an old friend, so it is inevitable that you wanted to show off your old skills, but Your Highness should not climb trees again!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry as it was so embarrassing. Yuan Shan naturally heard it, but her gaze was blank as if she didn't hear anything. I could only give up the idea of ​​stealing cherries. I shared the cherries with Yuan Shan and ordered someone to bring some yogurt.

The cherries were very sweet, but I was thinking of something else and only ate absentmindedly. Did A'Mu sent this plate of cherries for me to eat, or were they for Yuan Shan?