Chapter 3

A'Du suddenly jumped up, her jumping also gave me a fright. At this point, bright light suddenly surrounded us, someone had lit a candle, and a group of people holding lanterns rushed in, of course the one leading was Yong Niang. From afar with her eyes brimming with tears, she threw herself down and kneeled, "Crown Princess, please punish this slave with death."

I hate people kneeling, I hate Yong Niang, I hate people calling me Crown Princess, I hate bringing up the death punishment at every turn.

"Ayy, have I not returned in one piece."

Every time I return, Yong Niang will always do this, even if she's not tired of it, I am. Sure enough, Yong Niang immediately stopped her tears, quickly ordered a palace maid to come forward and help me make myself presentable, took the male garments that I was wearing off with no explanation, changed me into my least favorite clothes, three layers inside and three layers outside, layer after layer of a mixed print, like a thousand layered cake, even after peeling for a long time, you still won't see the peanut. Yong Niang said to me, "Tomorrow is Zhao Liang Di's birthday, Crown Princess don't forget, a little pandering is always good."

I tiredly swayed side to side, those palace maids were still washing my face, with a large towel wrapped around my dress lapel, my hair in the back was spread open and separated, carefully combed by them, the combing caused me to be even more sleepy. I felt like a doll, completely at their mercy, Yong Niang kept nagging, saying a lot of things to me, I did not hear a word of it, because I had finally fallen asleep.

This nap, I slept very soundly, I had eaten till I was full, and had been chased for most of the night; running around like that was really too exhausting. As I was sleeping soundly, I suddenly heard a loud "bang", I opened my eyes and woke up, only realizing then that it was already broad daylight, turns out this one nap actually had me sleeping until the sun was three poles high (afternoon). I saw Li Cheng Yin just as he was entering in a rage, Yong Niang and the maids fearfully knelt down in a frenzy to greet him.

I still had my hair down, and hadn't washed my face or changed my clothes, but I could only climb up from the bed, not because I'm afraid of Li Cheng Yin, but if I quarrel with him lying in bed, I would be too much at a disadvantage, too unimposing.

He obviously came to attack me with more accusations, coldly looking at me, "You can still sleep?"

I gave a big yawn, and then said, "What did I do that I can't sleep?"

"You woman, how can you be this vicious?" He furrowed his brows looking at me, his stare was like two frigid arrows, as though wanting to drill two holes in my body, "Don't put on an act!"

This was not his usual quarrel routine with me, I felt perplexed, "What's the matter?"

"What's the matter?" He gnashed his teeth in anger and told me, "After Zhao Liang Di ate the longevity noodles you sent, she threw up and had diarrhea. How can you be so intentionally vicious?"

I exaggeratedly rolled my eyes at him, "I did not send any longevity noodles to anyone, who ate it and had diarrhea is none of my business!"

"You have the guts to do it but not admit it?" His tone was contemptuous, "So girls from Xi Liang, are all this shameless!"

I was furious, Li Cheng Yin has argued with me for three years, he knows best how to infuriate me, I jumped up, "Girls from Xi Liang wouldn't dare to do something and not admit it, for something I didn't do, why should I admit? We Xi Liang women always act frankly, not to mention a Zhao Liang Di; if I wanted to harm someone, I only need to take my knife and fight them with all my might, I wouldn't use such an underhanded method like poison. Unlike you, coming and accusing people without distinguishing between what's right and wrong, what dignified righteous Shangjing men are you?"