Chapter 12

I supported Li Cheng Yin with my hands, half of his body was covered in blood, the wound was continuously pouring out blood. I was worried and scared, he asked me: "Did you get injured?......." He hasn't finished speaking yet and he spit out a mouthful of blood, the blood landed on top of my clothes, I cried and called out his name: "Li Cheng Yin!"

I have always hated Li Cheng Yin, but I never wanted him to die.

I pulled his hand, the corner of his mouth was covered in blood, but he laughed: "I have never seen you cry before...Are you scared that you will become a widow?..."

At this moment he was joking around, I was crying even more, I hurriedly tried to cover the wound with my own hand, but the wound keep leaking more blood. I was so scared. A lot of palace maid came in, some of them saw blood and fainted, the palace hall was in the state of confusion. I heard Pei Zhao giving out orders outside, he suddenly came in, it was as if I saw a life savior: "Pei General!"

Seeing this situation, he immediately ordered people: "Hurry and go find the imperial physicians!"

Afterwards he came forward, using his hand to examine Li Cheng Yin's acupuncture points. Seeing I was holding Li Cheng Yin very tightly, he said: "Crown Princess, please let go of the Crown Prince, I would take care of the Crown Prince's wound."

I was panicking, Pei Zhao seeing me in this state had calmed me down. I let go of Li Cheng Yin, he took off Li Cheng Yin's clothing and then wrinkled his eyebrow, I don't know what it meant when he wrinkled his eyebrow, but not too long after I knew what it meant because the imperial physicians quickly arrived, around half of the imperial physicians came to the Eastern Palace. The Emperor and Empress came to visit as well. 

 I heard the imperial physicians telling the Emperor: "The wound is too deep, the Emperor please forgive us as we are incapable of treating the wound....."

The Empress was already crying, using the handkerchief to wipe the tears. The Emperor's complexion was very hard to look at, I couldn't cry anymore, I need to wait for A'Du to come back. 

Pei Zhao already ordered some people to go chase after the assassin, I wasn't only worried about Li Cheng Yin, I was also worried about A'Du.

A'Du finally came back at dawn, her injuries was very serious, she was carried by Pei Zhao's people. I called A'Du's name, she faintly opened her eyes and looked at me once. She wanted to lift her hand up, but she didn't have any strength left, only faintly moving her finger. I was looking at where she was looking at and she was looking at my clothes.

My clothes were covered in blood, all Li Cheng Yin's blood. I understand what A'Du meant, I held her hand, holding myself from crying telling her: "I am alright."

A'Du felt relieved, she placed a heavy object in my hand, and then she fainted.

I felt pain, regret, and hatred.

Li Cheng Yin was injured by the assassin because he stood in front of me, he pushed me to the side, I helplessly watch the long sword go into his body. Also, this person had injured A'Du as well.

This was because of me, before we entered into Li Cheng Yin's place I told A'Du to give me her knife. A'Du went chasing the assassin without her knife.

Following me was my A'Du, using her life to protect me was my A'Du.

I felt sorry for her, it was me that caused all the trouble, causing her to substitute for me to suffer hardship.

I was crying very hard.

No one consoled me, the Eastern Palace was in a disordered state, everyone was very concerned about Li Cheng Yin's injury. His injury was very serious, he might die soon, A'Du also might die soon. Li Cheng Yin, my husband, will die soon.