chapter 6: untouchable

Untouchable burning
Brighter than the sun
And when you're close
I feel like coming undone

Waking up the next morning felt strange. I felt cold and like something was missing beside me, like I had lost something last night. It could have just been the after effects of the smoking, but I was pretty sure it was something else.

"Just in time for breakfast", Daphne, who was kneeling beside her bed tying her shoe, said looking up at me.

"I'm not even dressed yet", I groaned back.

"Better hurry then!", Daphne replied as she threw a piece of clothing that was on the ground into my face. It was the dress she had lent me for yesterday, I definitely would not wear that today.

Around half an hour later we were sitting in the Great Hall having breakfast. Most students were up unusually early today, due to the Quidditch Team, so the Great Hall was loud and bustling. It got louder when the owls swarmed into the hall. Daphne's owl Jelly amongst them dropping a few letters in front of her.

"Oh so much mail!", Daphne exclaimed excitedly and grabbed the small stack, "Wait, this one's for you... from your mom. And this one is for Tori."

She gave me the letter that apparently was for me and put the one for her sister to the side opening the last left letter. I opened mine unsure what to expect from it, as my mom usually didn't send letters.

"What is she saying?", Daphne asked curiously. She had already put her letter aside, maybe she wanted to read it later or she got bored with it.

"Oh nothing. She went back to my dad's house for a while and she hopes she'll be back by summer", I summarized the letter for her, "What about your mom? Anything new?"

"No, just the usual", she shrugged, "Also she said to tell you hi!"

Later that day Daphne, Pansy and I were on our way to the Quidditch Pitch. It was an unspoken rule for every student to go to the quidditch games, even if your house wasn't playing.

"Thea, by the way I was gonna ask how much longer were you and Fred in the astronomy tower last night?", Daphne asked.

"Fred Weasley?", Pansy asked her attention, spiking.

"Yes, I don't know how you missed it, but Dorothea has a crush on him!"

"No, I don't!", and even if I did, I wouldn't want Pansy to know. Daphne was one thing, especially because I couldn't lie to her if I tried. She read me like a book. Pansy on the other hand, she didn't like the Weasleys or any Gryffindor for that matter. She also didn't have to know everything.

"Anyways, way to ditch my question. How much longer did you guys stay up there?"

"Why were you even up there with him? I need a rundown of the events leading up to that. Wait, did you guys kiss?"

"No, they didn't or Doreen would've told me already, right?", Daphne turned back to me.

"We didn't kiss, I don't have a crush on him and we stayed not long I think. I am not sure when exactly I came back to the dorm"

"And you are sure you don't have a crush on him? Again I wouldn't blame you...", Daphne nudged me.

"Who's got a crush?", Blaise interrupted as he caught up to us, saving me from more of Daphne's teasing,  "Also I didn't see you two last night? Did I just miss you or did you not come?"

"What was going on last night? What did I miss?", Pansy complained.

"We were there! We just left early with George, Lee and Jennifer and hung out on the Astronomy tower.", Daphne explained.