chapter 2: fifteen

Hoping one of those senior boys
Will wink at you and say, "you know I haven't seen you around"

"Oh hey Weasley"

"So you do remember me!", he laughed.

"I mean I have no idea, which one you are", I told him honestly.

"George, are you coming?", someone yelled, involuntarily answering my question. Seconds later the voice revealed itself to be the other twin himself, next to him a girl I knew was on the Gryffindor's Quidditch Team, "Hey Linden... and is that Murray. What a surprise to see you here."

I knew the Weasley Twins were popular, everybody liked them and that was fully understandable. They were really funny, especially during classes apparently, pranking teachers and students alike. They were also attractive, there were even some Slytherins that swooned over them, but they wouldn't openly admit it.

"I would be excited to see me, too"

"Didn't lose your feistiness. Reminds me of when you threatened to pee on my floor. So George, Alicia and I were gonna go outside now. Are you gonna come or not?"

"Sure", George nodded, "We're gonna go smoke if you two wanna come. The best stuff you're gonna get at Hogwarts"

Jennifer shook her head, she still seemed to be waiting for Dean and Seamus to be done with their goodbyes. I wasn't even sure they were still saying goodbye as they seemed engaged in a conversation with two older Hufflepuffs.

"Yeah me neither, I'll be leaving now anyway", I said.

"Fair, but we walk by the dungeon anyway so you can at least walk with us", the girl, Alicia said.

The walk to the dungeon was weirdly awkward and I was glad when I stood in the Slytherin common room.

The next morning I felt dizzy and tired, but at least I was not sick. I sat up in my bed and looked over to Daphne who was nicely tucked in. I wondered how Blaise and Theodore had managed this considering they couldn't get up into our dorms. Maybe they had asked Pansy to help, although I do wonder what they would have told her about why Daphne was so drunk. I got up, gathered a few of my clothes off the ground and got ready for breakfast. When I left the dorm Daphne was still asleep.

A bit later the same day, I was in the library studying and doing a potions paper I had procrastinated doing all week. Potions had never been my strong suit, so I was always hoping the homework would do itself.

"Hey Murray", someone said as they dropped next to me on the chair. It was one of the Weasley Twins, "You won't believe what Linden told me this morning."

"What?", I leaned back in my chair to look at him properly, but also to examine his face and maybe tell if it was Fred or George. If I had to guess I would say it was George.

"She said she is in Astronomy with you and also that you are good at Astronomy, because you like it?", he continued.

"I do... what about it?"

"Well, turns out I am not good at Astronomy and neither is George.", turns out I was wrong, "Or anyone else I know, besides maybe Hermione, but... anyways how good are you really?"

"What exactly are you asking?"

"Do my homework?"

"Why would I? I am not even in the same year as you and I have my own homework to do. We aren't even friends."

"C'mon, Murray, I can't believe you would say we aren't friends. I've known you since before you could spell your own name. Also I am sure you'd get it and like I can give you an old essay of mine to copy. What are you doing? Oh I did not hand this essay in, but I saw Ron copy it of Hermione yesterday, so I can get you his."