Chapter 2: Second Chance

Lukimaro and the others were sitting inside a little settlement almost empty made for the children who survived the titan's attack

Marcel: We've made it so far now we only have to find the founding and then we can return home that's what we all want.

Annie: Can I ask you something Luki?

All other 3 members of the group turn to look at him

Lukimaro: Yeah what is it.

Annie: I've seen you there after finishing the ground corps protecting the wall.
You left and ran after something like your life depended on it.
What was it?

Marcel: Yeah I've seen you back there you ran after an abnormal titan the one smiling.

Lukimaro leaves out an heavy sigh

Lukimaro: I've heard a boy crying after his mother and then...

:Lukimaro's memory:

Lukimaro:Good I've took care of these clowns now it should be easier for Reiner to penetrate the wall.

Suddenly a boy can be heard crying in terror and as Lukimaro turns to look it seemed to be an abnormal titan picking up a woman from under the rubble

Eren: Noooooo mother!

Lukimaro's vision goes blank and he takes on full speed at the smiling titan

While the titan is trying to take a hold of the woman with both hands Lukimaro makes it in time dashing in ripping the titans arm easily with his retractable claws and then smashing it's head with his tail causing the smiling titan to lose balance and fall on it's back as it drops the woman but Lukimaro grabs her bringing her up to his eye

Carla:W-what do you want...

She stutters with tears in her eyes while Lukimaro looks at the direction where the boy left on top of a horse

He looks one last time at the woman holding her tightly enough not to hurt her and takes off at incredible speed in the direction of the boy

Eventually he reaches a covered building and jumps over it landing just in front of the boy as the man next to him looks in horror while Lukimaro opens his titan mouth and leaves out a breath in front of the boy

Lukimaro stands tall looking down at the boy and then back at the destroyed city

Then takes a look at his hand where the woman is sitting inside his palm and places her in front of the boy as he runs up hugging her

Their reunion is heart breaking for Lukimaro causing his titan to let out a single tear as the boy makes the courage walk in front of him bowing respectfully

Eren: I don't know if you can understand me but I owe you everything for saving my mother.
I promise to kill all the other titans and take revenge for what they did to my home except you.
I hope we will meet again and maybe we won't need to fight against each other.

The boy looks up as Lukimaro nods at him jumping over him and running away to meet with the others as he is crying inside the titan

:End of memory:

Lukimaro: I just felt like I had to do it.
Even tho we consider them our enemies I couldn't just stand there and let someone else lose their mother.

Marcel: What are you talking about by someone else Luki?

Reiner: Now if we consider it again we all got to talk about our families but you never said anything about yours.

Bertholdt:Maybe he doesn't want to talk about it guys leave him alone.

Lukimaro: No, it's fine I don't mind it.
You're my new family anyways and sharing pain it's what family does right?

Everyone goes silent as Lukimaro considers it for a moment before talking again

Lukimaro: I had a very humble childhood and I loved with my Marleyan mother who suffered of alcoholism and drugs because she never got over the fact that she got demoted because she go involved with an eldian and now has an half eladian son.
It was very hard for me to make friends when I was little since I was always covered in bandages because my mother was abusing me on the daily blaming me for all her pain and taking out her anger on me and because I was scared to not end up on the streets I just took it everyday silently.

A few tears go down on his cheek as Marcel places a hand on his shoulder

Marcel: You don't have to continue if you're not comfortable with it.

Lukimaro: No, it's fine I want you guys to know.
One day I was home cleaning the old hut when my mother came in with a broken bottle.
I knew if she got to me I would've been killed so I ran to the kitchen but my mother was faster than me and grabbed me and stabbing the bottle in my neck while I out of fear got the first thing that was behind me and stabbed it on the back of her head and closed my eyes in anticipation.
Then suddenly a warm liquid was dripping down my face and when I opened my eyes I had seen that I hit my mother with the butcher knife with which she used to cut the meat as half of her face fell on the floor.

He takes another long sigh and continues

Lukimaro: I was afraid I will end up in prison so there was only one thing I was able to do.
Grabbed a lamp and threw it against the old wood and ran outside watching how the flames consumed the only place I knew as home and my biggest fear had come true, I was alone on the streets without a family and without a home just me on my own.
I couldn't bring myself to give in so I ended up living on the streets and tried to make a living out of theft stealing from anyone whatever I could to ensure that I'd at least have something to eat.
But one day I grew tired of it and grabbed the opportunity that changed my life forever so I enrolled.
I was quickly scouted thanks to my skills gained on the streets and ended up as one of the potential people to inherit the shifters.

Reiner: Wait I've never seen your titan before and you weren't with us there either when we got them.

Lukimaro: Because I'm the first predator.
The one they call artifical titan it was made out of something found where Ymir got the power of the titans.
I don't know exactly but there were more like me for testing I was the only one to survive out of all of them.
I had to endure agonising pain and I was the only one to push through and be able to actually become a titan because it was unstable and could turn me into a pure titan like the others did and I had to kill them when I first transformed.

Reiner: And I thought my life was tough without a father but I had no idea the pain you've been through.

Lukimaro nods and turns to look at Annie who was crying and jumps in his arms while the others join all of them crying now

Lukimaro: I regret nothing guys for now I have a new family a better one than I could've asked for and I'm grateful for begin given a second chance.
That's why I had to help that boy because everyone is worth a second chance especially since he doesn't have to suffer because of our mission that's why I tired to keep the casualties to a minimum.

Marcel: That's what we all have been doing but since now we have focus on our new objective.
Take the founder and not allow the rumbling to ever happen.

Everyone stands up as a man comes at them with fresh food

Man: Eat up kiddos you have to grow big and healthy because you are the future of this world.

Lukimaro: We will save the world one day.

Man: That's the attitude kid keep it up and you'll go far.

Once the man leaves they look at each other nodding and then going into the food