[ 015 ] two birds, one millstone

KILLER QUEEN 

chapter fifteen ; two birds, one millstone
[ season two, episode six ]

chapter fifteen ; two birds, one millstone[ season two, episode six ]

2013

APRIL PICKED UP HER LAB COAT FROM THE FLOOR AND USED IT to cover up her naked body. She picked up the clothes and made her way upstairs. Her cheeks were wet from the tears, her eyes were red, and she was shaking. Her body was aching.

She threw her clothes in the garbage— but she put her lab coat in the closet. Her mind was hazy even though it has happened before— maybe she thought she would get used to it. Turning the shower on, April got in— after locking the door.

The water washed down her body, and her hair got soaked. She was getting cleaned, but she still felt dirty. April wrapped her arms around herself— it used to be Nicholas who hugged her when she felt down. And when she was a child, it used to be her father. She sniffled as she tried to remember the good times in her marriage, but why? Why did she keep looking for the good in him? There was no good in him. All the horrible memories were clouding the good ones, and maybes that was good.

Had April remembered the good times with Nicholas, she wouldn't have killed him later that night.

꧁ ꧂

APRIL AND WES WALKED INTO THEIR CLASSROOM SIDE BY SIDE. He was on the phone, "where are you? Please call me back."

"Still nothing?" April asked.

"Is that your bestie Levi?" Laurel asked before Wes could answer April's question. "How's jail treating him?"

Wes grabbed her arm, stopping her from leaving. "I can take crap from Connor and Michaela, fine, but you know I'm not crazy."

"What's up with you?" April asked as she crossed her arms.

Laurel glanced at them both. "I snooped through Frank's stuff this morning."

"You found something?"

"No. And I won't because there's nothing to find."

"Then what's with the suitcase?" Wes asked.

"Huh, we were right," Michaela approached them. "They're obsessing about the suitcase."

"Not obsessing," April told her. "Just curious to know why Frank has so much money laying around. Aren't you?"

"Maybe he has a gambling problem or distrusts banks," Connor guessed.