[ 032 ] i'm going away

KILLER QUEEN 

chapter thirty-two ; i'm going away
[ season four, episode one ]

"WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE?" MICHAELA JUMPED ON THE BED— testing out the bounciness

"WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE?" MICHAELA JUMPED ON THE BED— testing out the bounciness. April looked less than amused.

"Can't we do this another time?" She asked, bored. April had agreed to move in with Michaela, and they decided to get a new mattress.

Michaela let out a sigh. "No. You've been researching for the last couple of months, and you barely left your bed. I'm doing you a favor by taking you out." She patted the spot next to her with a smile.

April sat next to Michaela. "Let's try another one." She got up and made her way to another mattress. "This one looks soft."

"We should try laying down," Michaela suggested— and they did. They laid down on their backs, facing the ceiling. She hummed, "I like this one."

April hummed. "Me too." Michaela turned her head to face April. "You're staring," she noted.

Michaela smiled. "I'm just happy. Aren't I allowed to be happy?"

"Of course you are." April turned to face Michaela. "Usually, that doesn't last very long, though." Their phones buzzed. "Like I said."

They took their phones out— it was a text from Annalise. "She wants to meet us."

"At a fancy restaurant?" April asked, confused. "Is she breaking up with us?"

"... yeah. I think so."

Then April got another text, this time from her mother. It was a picture of her with her fiancé and his daughter. When she saw the picture, her mouth almost dropped in shock.

"What is it?" Michaela asked.

"Just my mom. She sent me a picture of her fiancé and his daughter."

Michaela smiled lightly. "You should give them a chance. Maybe they're good people."

April let out a dry chuckle. She then turned her phone to show the picture to Michaela. "I already know his daughter."

Michaela's eyes went wide. "Laurel?"

"Yep," April nodded.

"Your mom and Laurel's dad?"

"Yeah."

"There you guys are," Asher made his way over to them. "I thought I lost you." He jumped on the bed— and laid between them. "Did you get the text from A.K? She wants to meet. I wonder what it is about."

"Who knows?" April mumbled.

"This is a soft mattress, yo," Asher stated. "You can have all the fun and no fear of getting pregnant." Michaela and April gave him dirty looks for that comment. He grew tense under their gaze. "Not that I have thought about it. Anyways," he cleared his throat, "are we going to this thing?" Asher asked, referring to meeting Annalise.