Prologue

You gripped your sister's hand as she grumbled in pain in.

"Okay, Lexi. Let me grab your hospital bag. I've called Jordan, he'll meet us at the hospital." You sat your sister on a chair as you ran to her bedroom to grab her hospital bag. You returned with a smile on your face as you helped your sister up.

"This baby really wants out," she complained, breathing in sharply as she held her stomach. She tightly squeezed your hand as another contraction passed. You endured it, knowing the pain you felt wasn't nearly half as bad as the pain she did.

"Gaja," you said, wrapping one arm around her waist. You led her out the front door as she waddled to the car.

Your sister, Lexi, was a few years older than you and was about to have her first child. Her husband, Jordan, was a professor at Seoul National University, so she moved with him, leaving you behind in New York. Just last year, your parents had passed away of old age and you were starting to feel lonely. Your sister insisted you take vacation from work and visit her so you can meet your godchild when she was born. You were ecstatic upon finding out that she wanted you to be her child's godmother. You took vacation from work and had been spending the last few days hanging out with your sister.

"Thank you for being here, y/n," your sister said as you started the car. You interlocked your fingers with hers and rubbed the back of her hand with your thumb, peering at her.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world," you replied. You started the car, backed out of the driveway and started making your way to the hospital.

"Let's go have a baby!" You exclaimed, smiling at your sister.