Chapter 6

It was the last day of promotions for WayV, so you decided to bring snacks for his group and Aria. You called in to work, requesting off which they granted and prepared the chocolate cupcakes. You changed your clothes and pulled up your boots and hailed a taxi.

As you entered the broadcasting station, you asked a worker where their waiting room was and immediately headed there. The group was on stage performing so you watched their performance from the TV monitors in the room. A close up shot of Kun came on and you blushed. Although nobody was around, you hid your smile with your hand as you looked away. Although she was wearing a face mask, you were able to pick out Aria in the background as she danced passionately to the music.

Should they really be letting 13 year-olds dance to a song about feeling love and bad kind of players, you thought to yourself, chuckling. Suddenly, the performance ended. You had the sudden urge to use the restroom and quickly ran out, figuring it would take some time for them to take their mics off and what not. You wandered the halls, getting lost a couple of times before finally finding it.

***

>>Kun's POV<<

You led the group to the waiting room and threw yourself on the couch. You sighed as you leaned back into it's cushions.

"Ooh, cupcakes," Ten said excitedly, reaching for one.

"Where did these come from?" Hendery asked, biting into one. He hummed in satisfaction and pointed at it. "These are really good."

"Yah~ save some for children. I'm sure whoever brought them intended it for the kids and not grown adult men," you said, looking at the guys who were surrounding the box.

"Hey, free for all," Yangyang said, scarfing one whole. You rolled your eyes and grabbed your phone that was sitting next to the box of cupcakes. You got up and started heading towards the hallway.

"I'm going to step out really quickly to call y/n," you said, dialing her number.

"Ugh, really?" Lucas grumbled. You looked at him with a shocked look, not believing what you had just heard.

"W-what? Do you guys not like y/n?" You asked. The boys looked around at each other, nibbling each at their own cupcakes, creating a silence. You raised an eyebrow as they tried to refrain from eye contact. Winwin broke the silence.

"I-it's not that we don't like her. But you're never around anymore. You're always hanging out with her and ditching us for her on our days off."

"Yeah, we were supposed to go see that new movie that came out last week but you cancelled on me."

"And we were supposed to work on a cover, remember?"

"Guys, I-I'm just being nice to her. She lost her sister and taking care of a child all of a sudden is difficult," you said.

"You're too busy with her, you've lost your focus."

"You guys know this group is my number one priority. And I would never let a girl get in the way of that."

"If you mean it, break up with her."

"I'll do it right now." You called y/n's phone number which was already dialed and waited for her to answer. *Ring ring*. The door behind you slowly opened, revealing a tear-stained y/n.

***

>>Your POV<<

You headed back to the waiting room, hoping you didn't miss them before they got to the room before you. But it was too late.

"I-it's not that we don't like her. But you're never around anymore. You're always hanging out with her and ditching us for her on our days off."

"Yeah, we were supposed to go see that new movie that came out last week but you cancelled on me."

"And we were supposed to work on a cover, remember?"

"Guys, I-I'm just being nice to her. She lost her sister and taking care of a child all of a sudden is difficult," you said.

"You're too busy with her, you've lost your focus."

"You guys know this group is my number one priority. And I would never let a girl get in the way of that."

"If you mean it, break up with her."

"I'll do it right now." A few seconds of silence lingered before your phone rang. You looked down at the lit up phone in your hand and saw Kun's name. Tears streamed down your face as you held in your wale and slowly opened the door. Kun and his group stood before you, stunned. After letting the call go to voicemail, you wiped your tears and bit your lip. You buttoned your jacket and turned down the hall towards the exit.

"Y/n, wait," Kun said, following after you.

"Please, don't waste your time. Or mine. Your team needs you. But I don't."