~Five~

"Mr Stark?"

It surprised even Percy to hear himself call out those words. He was talking to Tony Stark by choice? Even after everything that had happened?

Tony walked into the room. "What do you need, Pete?"

"Percy," Percy corrected. "And I was wondering if I could to see Ned today. When I left you and this city, I left him too."

"Oh," Was all Tony could say. "Yeah, sure. You need a ride?"

"I can walk. It's not far."

On all truth, Percy didn't want to walk. He wished he could have a ride, but he needed to get away from his ex mentor.

But Percy walked way nonetheless, knowing the city like the back of his hand. He walked the two miles in silence, his thought keeping him busy.

He thought back to the days where it was simple. No superpowers, no new lives, no billionaire father figures, just him and aunt May.

Aunt May.

He had left Aunt May, how had he left Aunt May? She didn't know he was Spider-Man, she wouldn't have put two and two together.

He turned away, sprinting down to the apartment building he had grown up in. He had left Aunt May. It had been three years, and not even the smallest "hey, I'm still alive".

Oh gods, he had been so busy with the wars and hanging with his mom and everything. He forgot about Aunt May. How could he have forgotten about Aunt May?

Percy found himself sprinting up the stairs, knocking ferociously until the door swing open. May was standing there, in complete shock as she dropped the phone she was holding

"Peter?"

The next thing Percy knew, he was hugging her tightly. He was crying, he knew he was crying but he didn't care anymore. He was still a kid. After all the wars, all the battles, all the deaths, he was till a kid.

"Peter, oh god, Peter," Aunt May was trembling too, probably crying just like he was. "I thought—Stark wouldn't tell me anything—I just—I thought you were. . ."

Dead.

No one needed to say the word, they both knew as they stood in the doorway, crying tears of joy and sorrow.

"I'm so sorry," Percy whispered. "I lost so much,"

"It's okay, It's okay," May whispered back. "Ned's going to want to see you. Let's go down to the cafe, the one you love, he can meet us there. You can tell us where the hell you've been the last three years,"

Percy wiped his face, drying off the tears and nodding.

~{•}~

Ned was almost crying too when he saw Percy, and the two hugged. Percy didn't say much, but Ned and May told him everything he'd missed.

"So what about you?" Ned finally asked. "After MJ, after your. . .disappearance, did you move on? Did you find someone else?"

He had found a whole world. But he had lost it too, he had lost her too. He opened his mouth to say something, but as the door bell rang and a new customer stepped in, he was interrupted.

"Percy?" It was a voice he never thought he would hear again, a voice he never thought would say those words ever again. Percy whipped his head around, making eye contact with his friend as he breathed out one hopeless word.

"Grover,"