Chapter 7

Jennie

Soon after Lisa left, we decided to follow her and it's a relief that she's still in the parking lot.

"So this is how it feels like riding this kind of car," Chaeyoung lets out a long sigh as she makes herself comfortable at the backseat of Lisa's car. She's sitting together with Jisoo while I'm in the front seat.

The car started to move and left the parking in no time. I glance at my side and her beautiful side profile came into view. I unconsciously smiled upon seeing her. I remember I used not to look outside the car window and just stare at her face while she drives. She asked me why I always did that but she never got a decent answer from me for I always answers her with a smile. It was because I love looking at her. I love how the sunlight reflects on her face and how she always squints her eyes every time the rays get into her eyes. I love memorizing every little thing she does. I love that every time I look at her, I always had the answer to everything. I just love her so much.

"If ghost's stares could melt, she melted already," Jisoo with a grim line on her face interrupted my thoughts.

She's really persistent in interrupting my moment. "You're no fun, Jisoo."

"Because I'm fun," she winked and went out of the car.

"I don't understand?" I turned to Chaeyoung to ask what Jisoo meant and she also shrugged. Jisoo's being her usual self again.

The car has stopped in a familiar place. The three of us went out first while Lisa was still in the car. Seconds later, the car door opened and she went out and headed to the trunk and gets a hold of something.

I can't see what she's holding since I'm a few meters away from her but Chaeyoung was beside her and I saw her cover her mouth.

Okay, now I'm curious what she's holding.

Lisa closed the trunk and made her way to the gate. The guard immediately recognize her and opened the gate for her. She gave the man a small smile and continued her way inside with the three of us trailing her behind.

"What is she doing here?" Jisoo curiously uttered while trailing behind Lisa. It's the first time in months since she went here.

We continued our way and I guess we got everyone's attention because all eyes are on us now. Not the eyes of the living though. We got the attention of almost all the dead - the ghosts.

I can feel something from my side and saw Chaeyoung rolling her eyes. "Is it your first time to see someone so good-looking? Gosh, of course. Thank you so much. I know that I'm beautiful," she flips her hair and some of the ghosts had a dismayed look on their faces.

"Miss Rosé I'm very sorry to interrupt your moment but we're not gawking at you," Sana, one of our friends in Ghost's Town and also a daughter of one of the helpers of Chaeyoung's family ruined her moment.

Chaeyoung glared at her and Sana suddenly took a step backward. Chaeyoung really has an intimidating aura but it doesn't work with me and Jisoo.

"If you're not looking at me, then who?"

They all pointed at the person infront of us.

"Looks like you have many competitions now," Jisoo smirks at my side and I was about to claim my girl when Chaeyoung interrupted me.

"Oh, you say Lisa? I may have to make you disappointed but she's already taken.." more than half of the crowd aww and went on their way when they heard she's taken. Yes bitches she's taken so fuck off.

"...by me," Chaeyoung added and I think my eyes went big at that. I was about to retort something when the crowd got louder and express their boos at Chaeyoung. I pursed my lips suppressing myself to laugh.

"You don't believe me?!" She held her chest and was about to fall down but Jisoo caught her. She's more dramatic than Jisoo.

"We don't believe you because we know Lisa is taken by Jennie, dimwit," one of the ghosts said and urge the other ghosts to continue what they were doing before we arrived. At last, no more eyes are following us.

"I can't believe they didn't believe what I said," Chaeyoung exaggerated. "And why did you catch me?!" She pointed at Jisoo.

"Tsk. I'm supporting your acting, chipmunk."

"Chipmunk?!" She lashed onto Jisoo. They're starting again so I left them there and followed Lisa.

She tilts her head probably finding something and when her eyes landed at a particular sight, I could see a hint of happiness in her eyes. She slowly walked there and I'm following her.

Once she reached her destination, she carefully placed the bouquet of flowers she was carrying beside the grave. Well, it's my grave if I may say. Since the flower was already given to me, I can touch it now. I carried it and sniff its scent.

"I'm glad you visited me," I uttered while holding the flowers and sitting next to her.

She's facing my grave and she doesn't even acknowledge my presence. I'm here beside her yet she can't feel me.

Lisa stared at my engraved name for a long time then I heard her faint voice. "Do you still remember the first time you told me you don't like roses?" She chuckled. "I was shocked at that because all my life I've been courting you and giving you roses but it turns out you don't like it."

A smile was brought to my lips. I remember telling her I don't like roses and her reaction was really hilarious then.

"I asked you why and you said, 'just because'," she imitated me and laughed after.

"Then I asked what's your favorite flower then you answered camellia. Pink camellia to be exact. I was curious why you like that flower and you told me 'no reason, I just like that flower'. I don't really know much about flowers. I only know red roses symbolize love so I always gave you that."

The first time I received a rose from her, I don't know what to do since roses are not really my kind of flower. I think I remember giving it to the girl beside me after Lisa was gone but as days and months came by, I was always surrounded by roses and that's the reason why I began to like it.

"I asked you if you know what pink camellia symbolizes and you answered 'no, symbols are not really my thing'. And that's when a thought occurred to me, you are really something and that's why I like you," she faintly smile and caressed my name on the grave.

"I hadn't searched for the meaning of pink camellia until now and I guess it's time to give you these flowers now that I know their meaning. It made me wonder, do you not really know its symbol or you knew but you just don't give a fuck about it? I'm guessing you just don't give a fuck," She's not completely wrong about that.

"It holds a different meaning now that I'm giving it to you while knowing its symbol," she smiled. "You're probably wondering why I'm visiting you in this kind of hour," the scene earlier played in my mind. I think I'm getting the point of why she's here. It's time to slowly let go.

"I've been thinking of this for a long time. It's not bad to continue life right?" She started.

"Not bad but not good," Jisoo said in between. They're done bickering huh. I look at her and Chaeyoung's beside her too.

Lisa talked again so I returned my gaze at her. "I still remember the promise I made to you a year ago and I don't want to disappoint you. One year is enough and it's time for you to smile while watching me from there. I want to keep my promise, Jennie. Remember that you will always be a big part of my life."

Jisoo sat beside me and softly rub my back. I mumbled a small thanks.