Chapter 8

Jennie

"Are you really sure you're okay with it?" Jisoo asks again for the nth time. We are on the rooftop and the two of them are cornering me again with their questions.

"You can say you're not okay with it and Jisoo and I will find a way for it," Chaeyoung said with determination while Jisoo looks at her questioningly.

"I'm tagging along with you?" Jisoo asks. She's not really sure why she asked that.

"Duh, of course. It's Jennie we are talking about we need to help her," she rolls her eyes and looks at me sympathetically again.

"Yeah of course it's Jennie," Jisoo mumbles inaudibly. Chaeyoung didn't get it but I heard it.

"What did you say?" Chaeyoung asks and Jisoo shakes her head.

"Nothing," and she laughs awkwardly.

I poke them both to make their attention turn to me and I smiled widely my gums are shown. They looked at me as if I was starting to go crazy.

"Did you see that? She's losing it. We really need to get going," Chaeyoung points at me and they were about to leave me when I called them.

"Where are you going?"

"To get some fresh airno Jennie we are going to find a way about your situation!" Her loud voice made me suddenly lean on the wall and my stunned expression became their new topic for the argument.

"Aw, she looked like a scared puppy," Jisoo coos. What the hell? Where did she get that?

"More like a cat," Chaeyoung corrected but Jisoo turned to her to defend what she said.

"A puppy!"

Chaeyoung glared. "No, I said cat!"

They completely forgot their agenda and are about to start their nonsense arguments again. Sometimes, I just want to leave the two of them without them knowing and have a quiet time for myself. And that's what I did because I successfully escaped from their vision as they're too engrossed in their arguments if I look like a cat or a puppy.

I was meters away from them but I can still hear their loud voices. So that's why a lot of ghosts are turning their head on us everywhere we go because of their loud bickerings. I should pretend I don't know them.

"Then let's ask Jennie what Lisa thinks of her when she's still alive!"

"Stupid. Of course, she's the most beautiful girl Lisa's eyes ever laid on."

"You're also stupid because what I'm saying is we're going to ask what Jennie looks like in Lisa's eyes, a puppy or a cat," I stopped walking when I heard what Jisoo said. I know the answer to that question since every time Lisa stares into my eyes, she always tells me I look like Lily. Well, Lily's one of her cats.

I turned at the two. They're looking at me intently waiting for my answer. It was as if my answer will determine their fate.

I slowly opened my mouth to talk and it's funny how they followed my every movement.

"Well-" I drag.

"Well?" They simultaneously asked.

"Well, I think we need to get going now," I showed them my gummy smile then let my body float in the air as I jumped off the building.

I landed carefully, followed by Chaeyoung who's still glaring at Jisoo. "We're not yet done."

Jisoo gasps sarcastically, "Oh, I'm super scared."

"So where're we heading now mates?" Jisoo asks as she let herself float amongst all the crowd of people.

We landed in the busy part of Seoul where people from different directions are coming by. Some of them shivered when they walk past me. I also saw some wandering ghosts like us. I gave them a nod when they saw me.