Chapter 3💘

June 3rd
Baltimore md
Lala's POV:

"You good?" James asked walking into the room as I shook my head. "Nah Avery still missing and I don't know what the fuck to do" I said shaking my head and putting my Airforce 1s  on, "Where you going?" James asked.

"The place where I hope she ain't" I said as James nodded, "I'm coming too" he said as I nodded, "Don't tell Kory, I don't need him beating anyone's ass" I said as James nodded.

A few minutes later I knocked on the door, "Whatchu want?"

"Where's Mike?" I asked the guy as he sucked his teeth and let me and James in.

"Mike you got company"

"Who the fuck-" Mike cut himself off seeing me. "Whatchu doing here?"

"I'm looking for AJ" I said standing beside James who was shaking his head.

"Why?"

"Because she's been gone for weeks Mike! We're worried about her" I scuffed.

"Well she ain't here" he said pulling out his glock 17 on his lap. "Leave"

I rolled my eyes and started to walk out the house. "We'll be back" James spoke.

"No you won't nigga" Mike said as James scrunched his face and started to walk over to Mike but I grabbed his arm.

"James let's just go" I said as he snatched his arm from me and walked out the house as I followed him.

"He got her" James said to me as we started walking down the street.

Mike was AJ's ex, he would physically fight all the time and Mike always told her that they was never breaking up.

AJ eventually ended up trying to ghost him but he helped her with a lot of shit.

He helped her pay rent, get food, and a bunch of other stuff that I offered to help AJ with but she refused to take my help.

"You think so?" I asked James as he nodded. "We finna get her out of there" he said as I slightly shook my head.

This shit getting old....

AJ's POV;
A couple minutes later

I looked around the basement and rolled my eyes. "What?"

"Maria ain't nobody lookin at yo musty ass" I said standing up as she sucked her teeth and I walked up the basement steps.

The door was locked and I rolled my eyes. "Open the fucking door" I yelled while banging on the door.

"Stop that shouting" another girl said as I looked back at her. "Who you talking to?"

"You bitch, always tryna act like you run shit" the other girl said as I nodded my head and started putting my hair into a bun until someone opened the basement door.

"Get your ass upstairs" Mike said as I pushed past him and walked upstairs to his room.

I've been at Mike's for weeks now that my brother home I need help paying the rent and shit.

My momma back doing drugs and sleeping with men for money which you would think would be to pay the bills but no.

All she do is pop pills all damn day. "Why you acting like that?" Mike asked as I rolled my eyes.

 "Why you acting like that?" Mike asked as I rolled my eyes