Wanting: Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Maybe I loved him okay? He wasn't the sweetest, nor the kindest, but he was honest and would tell you right from wrong, only if he had to though, "Well, thanks, I-I guess..." I sat back down, he released his strong grip, "But seriously, what happened to you?"

I knew, he was, dead. Not a zombie, no. But a vampire, the hands, the eyes, his skin, I knew. 

He seemed interested in me all of a sudden, but why? Who and why would be so interested in me now that my life was shattered all in time of his coming. That brought another question, how come his entering ruined my life? "Marshall, I have a feeling, you're, different." His expression totally changed, "So, you know?" 

"What?"

"Oh, nothing I guess, never mind."

He grabbed my wrist, his hands were freezing, his nails dug into my flesh, "Bathroom, now." I stood, alarmed, and walked to the girl's bathroom, Marshall walked to the boy's. He looked at me, concerned. He knew what I thought of him, he walked to me and looked at me with his black eyes, "You've known, and kept the secret long enough, I'm a globbing vampire, okay?"

My heart raced, "So, I wasn't crazy, there are such things as vampires."

"No duh, I'm just in this world because I hate the nightosphere, and my mom." He finally showed his fangs while talking now, he trusted me, and I trusted him. "There's another thing... I don't think it's that good to feel that way with you, but, it happened." 

"What is it this time?" Marshall sounded annoyed, I mumbled, "I love you."

His eyes got wider, then he moved closer to me, "The big L word?" His voice seemed concerned, Marshall's cheeks got a bit pink too. I nodded and my mind raced, please love me too, please love me too. 

"Oh, that's okay." The gray skinned boy wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into a weird hug of coldness. It felt good though, I liked it. 

The rest of that day he smiled, every time he saw me in the hallway, his pointed teeth were as white as can be. I even started smiling in class. Finally, something to smile about once. All seemed better than before. No one would judge me, and Marshall would be there, for, ever.