Wanting: Chapter 5

{Author: Would you guys hate me if I made this a Gumlee/Bubbline thing more per-say? I'm honestly leaning towards it more, and I have a good ideas for all of this to go down...um, uh yea. c: Oh, and I'm gonna have Finn x Flame Princess eventually too soooooooooooooo that's one straight thing right? XD}

Summer would never come it felt like, school was just going to keep coming. Most of my grades were falling, besides in the Arts. Marshall at this point was teaching me all about the guitar and old painters and everything. It got on end. Eventually, he came in with an axe guitar. A literal axe too! What was he thinking?! He managed with it though, he made it work like all the rest of them. His hands were against mine as he taught me a little song he came up with. Marshy sang the words like an angel despite everything. But, with his skin against mine, I saw that my skin tone was becoming more like his. 

To be honest, this scared me. Yea, I wasn't really going to go out and tan like I use to with all those snobby girls; however it doesn't change the fact I should be becoming a sort of blue tone. Oh well though, it was probably fine and I  was freaking out. I went along like any other day. My hair however was getting a more tousled look with how much I refused to cut it. It got prettier, instead of a brownish black it looked like a raven feather. Marshall toyed with me about it.

Eventually, summer came. But I refused to go outside or do anything like a normal teenager in the summer would. Lee and I sat together and watched a whole bunch of movies and TV dramas. I hadn't noticed until the boy brought it up, my eyes were turning a crimson like his. They were originally brown. What the glob was happening to me at this point?! We came too a conclusion of them just being irritated or something.

My guitar lessons continued. I got more skillful with it and my instructor was proud. There were now teachings for singing as well. It took me a while to have the nerve to in front of him, he didn't make fun of me though like I was sure he would do. We sang nursery rhymes and such for a while, we also harmonized. Together I think we sounded better. Soon enough, both of us were writing notes and lyrics. Marshall was better than notes than I, but I had a bigger vocabulary than he. By the end of the day we had about two songs written.

Though the days were hot I grew cold. Marshall couldn't quite help with that but he and I snuggled up in many blankets together. At least I didn't know he could be warm until he changed into a bat in front of me. It wasn't like a normal bat, it seemed to be a furry kind of bat. Of course I screamed and got freaked out. What was most surprising was that he could still talk, "Scared of a little bat I see."

"How the fluff- God, Marshall, you're such a gumbutt."

"Oh, just come on and hug me my lovely Marceline dear. I'll warm you with my bat pecs!"

I rolled my eyes at him and squeezed him tight, "I'm gonna die woman ohmegee loosen your grip."

"Oh yea? What are you gonna do if I don't? Bite me?''

"Now that you mention it...."

I saw his fangs come out and flicked his nose with a giggle that turned into more of a cackle. I let him snuggle into me like a small dog. My heart fluttered at his warmth. This continued well into the Soap Opera we got interested in. At the cuts where commercials came in I played with his little, pointy, bat ears. Doing that seemed to get him off edge. Who knew that Marshy could purr?

One day, everything seemed to go wrong. So wrong.

After sharing strawberries with Marshall, my heart stopped. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't move. He thought I was playing a trick on him until I huffed trying to catch my breath. Nothing was in my throat, I wasn't choking, it was like a heart attack. Being one of the dead he didn't know what to do. He didn't know about phones; not like they'd work for my father didn't pay the bill. So, Marshall just bit me.

As soon as his lips touched my neck I felt what he'd been trying to ignore the whole time. He'd be wanting this. In the strangest way I had been craving. It's not like I wouldn't mind this, I knew it was going to happen. He sucked the remaining pink from my cheeks. All of the things in my life seemed to play back in my head. The event that stuck out most is when I met him. The fangs in me didn't hurt either, Lee was gentle. When he broke away he lapped his tongue at the two piercing holes in my neck. I felt lifeless. His lips were against mine before I blacked out.