Chapter 11 🔥

Meyer was dreaming of warm flesh, soft hair, and large breasts under his chest. His head cleared as he felt the sensation of pleasure crawl up his back and he opened his eyes to find Gemma Carrington beneath him. Quickly shutting his eyes, he continued thrusting. "Fuck," he hissed into his bicep. What the fuck am I doing?!

"Yes, fuck me!" Gemma returned what she thought was a lustful expression as she adjusted herself so she could smack his ass.

He didn't know how long he'd been at it, but once awake, he finished quickly. Throwing the condom down on the floor triggered the memory of seeing one there when he'd woken in the middle of the night. Laying on his stomach, he let go a string of curses into the pillow.

I couldn't even last forty-eight hours without being with other women three times. Shit.
Meyer clenched the sheets in his fist.

Well, Janice doesn't count, handjobs are just part of massage. And I may have fucked Gemma twice, but she's just one woman and I only did that because I was wasted. I wouldn't have been out drinking in the first place if Ari hadn't turned me down after getting that promise out of me. She fucking teased me and tricked me into it, so I guess this makes us even.

Guilty conscience cleared, Meyer rolled over onto his back and folded his arms behind his head.
Gemma kissed his chest, trying to play cute. "I'm so glad I changed my mind about going to the island this weekend. When I saw your number pop up late at night I knew you were regretting breaking it off with me."

"No regrets, just one last hurrah," he said with no enthusiasm.

"Two last hurrahs." She pecked his lips. "I'm going to take a shower, join me if you'd like and we'll make it three."

"I'm only human Gem. I have to recharge and I'm hungover." He reached for his water glass.

She shrugged and got out of bed. The orgasms had given Meyer physical relief from the prickling sensations he'd felt most of Saturday, but something else bothered him. The reflected glare from his own eyes watched from the tall mirror as he began his cycle of abdominal exercises. By the time Gemma reentered the room, he was doing push ups, covered in a sheen of sweat. She watched him as she towel dried her hair. The muscles in his back and upper arms rippled as he went through the motions.

"I'm really going to miss watching you exercise in the buff. Was this really our last night together?"

"Yes, really." He did a few more push ups. "Hey, can I ask you something?"

"Sure, we've known each other a long time. Ask me anything." She sat down on the bed near where he was on the floor. Still naked, she hoped that Meyer would be appreciative of that fact again before they parted ways.

"When do you consider a relationship to start?"

"Like adult, monogamous, boyfriend - girlfriend shit?"

"Yeah."

"Seems like an odd question coming from you - a thirty one year old man with a string of lovers a mile long."

"Just give me an answer."

"It usually happens in stages and it can be different for each couple."

"That's not very helpful. I want something definitive. Like is it after the first date, first kiss, or first time having sex?"

"Well, it's certainly going to happen after all those things. But it's usually a conversation, an agreement."

"From both people?"

"Duh. It only takes one to end, but it takes two to start."

"And both have to explicitly agree."