Chapter II

Chapter II

I can hear children laughing, the birds chirping. Am I dead?

Is it possible that this is-- heave- No. A person like me is not enough to go to that so-called paradise.

I could feel the gentle breeze that surrounds me. It's nice to feel this again. Heaven or not, this is nice.

I opened my eyes slowly. My head hurts so much. It felt like it was going to break.

"Huh? Where am I?" I thought to myself. I looked around. What is this?

I'm in a bed that looks like it could break any second if I move, an unlit lamp beside me. The place looks old. I looked at my hands and noticed it was the hands of a young child.

What's happening? Why am I a child?

Someone knocked on the door gently.

"Edith? Are you awake?" It was a woman's voice, but I don't know what language she's saying. What's this? What's happening?

"C-come in." I said hesitantly, and for some reason, I was able to talk. I have never learned this language before, and I don't even know what language it is. Strange.

"My dear, how are you?" The woman with light brown hair and brown eyes said with a worried tone.

"Who are you?" I asked confusedly.

The woman giggled. "Geez, Edith. It's me your mother? How can you not remember your own mother's face?"

Edith? Is this my name? This child's name?

I slowly looked at her and then my hands. 
"I can't remember anything." I said. It was for the best to tell her that.

The woman looked surprised and called someone. "Honey! Edith- she is-"

I suddenly got startled by the sight of this big man when he entered the room. He had strong muscles like a boxer, tanned skin, dark brown hair, and black eyes. "What is it? what's wrong with my Edith?" He asked worriedly while looking at this woman whose this child's mother.

"But she looks okay, dear." The man said. This man must be the father then.

"She told me she can't remember anything." The woman replied.

The man looked at me with surprise. "She must have hit her head too much.." He mumbled. "Should I call someone?"

I'm dumbfounded by their conversation and finally remembered the last words I have said before.

"If there is truly a God out there, I want to live a lavish life in my next life."

I did die.

That death wasn't a dream.

I stood up and looked outside the window. I looked at them, and asked them with curiosity, "How old am I?"

"13, my dear." The woman replied.

"T-then, what year is it today?'

"It's 1607, my dear."

My eyes widened as I can't believe this.

I ran outside as soon as I heard that.

"Dear, where are you going?" The woman asked, but I ignored her.

I have to see it for myself.

Is this not a dream? Where am I? Am I in a different universe, or did I just traveled back in time?

I ran and ran and finally saw it.

A poor deserted village that only consists of few people. What's worse is that there's no electricity here..

 I closed my eyes.

"God proved himself that He is real but.." I opened my eyes

"He must enjoy torturing me.."

*Don't forget to vote and leave a comment. Thank you.