prologue

ARIANA GRANDE AND HARRY STYLES used to be what you'd call an 'it couple'

ARIANA GRANDE AND HARRY STYLES used to be what you'd call an 'it couple'. the popstars first met in 2013, at the amas, and they immediately hit it off. they went on to date over 2 years, ending their relationship in 2015, months before one direction announced their hiatus.

their breakup was kept private as both of the singers' teams issued statements saying it was a mutual decision and asking the public to respect their privacy. fans have come up with different theories regarding the unexpected split, but nothing has ever been confirmed.

another thing that we all find quite strange is that niall horan, harry's former bandmate, is one of ariana's best friends. he has songwriting credits on many of ariana's songs and they're always posting each other on social media. meanwhile, harry and niall don't even follow each other anymore. awkward, right?

even after so many years since the infamous breakup, we still find parallels in their lyrics and music videos. fans speculate most of ariana grande's third studio album, dangerous woman, was written about harry. the same way harry's self titled album has several songs that very obviously reference his ex-girlfriend.

now, in 2019, harry is a successful solo artist whose debut album broke several records and ariana, after going through what she refers to as the worst year of her life, has just released her single 'thank u, next' which debuted at #1.

in the song grande name dropped 4 of her ex-boyfriends, however, harry was not mentioned at all. fans found it weird considering their relationship was very serious and lasted longer than any of their following flings which leads us to believe, there's a lot more to the story than we know.

continue reading to know more about the timeline of their relationship →