Chapter 33: Thoughts

It was all a blur

It was all a blur. She was back at that house. The very same house which thrashed her identity. The house which burnt her dreams like a heap of waste materials. She was there. Sitting in that corner, scared and weak, hiding from all those prying evil eyes. She heard her name being called many times, anger and disgust evident in that voice. A shiver ran down her spines as she clutched her dress and pulled her knees close to her chest. And then the door bang opened and she saw the silhouette of her nightmare. His face was not visible but she could imagine the evil smirk of triumph on that face. She tried to cry and shout but there was no voice and even if there is, she knew it is of no use. The sound of those footsteps slowly yet hungrily approaching her made her shiver and she couldn't help but clutch her dress more to her body and try to move away. She sensed him sitting near her as she felt his hot breath and she weakly raised her hands to push him away. She can't let him win that easily. She tried to move but he was quick enough to get hold of her as he pulled her onto him and-

Bela sat straight, shivering and sweating.  Her breathing was uneven and she felt her heart thumping harder against her chest. Sweat beads were forming on her face and neck and the AC temperature was not at al helping. If anything she needs right now, It was Mahir. She hurriedly reached for her phone and dialled his number as quickly as possible. Gratefully, he was quick enough to pick up the call, "Mahir..Come home..!!", She managed to say, her breathing still not normal. The phone fell from her hands and she could hear the fainting voices of Mahir in her ears before it all turned out dark. 

She was standing in some place. There was no human around. All she could see was white floating figures which reminded her of clouds. "Mahir..?", She called out but there was no response.  A fear took its place in her heart when she didn't hear anything back. Where am I? What is this place?, She wondered.  "Bela!", She heard someone calling her out and she saw herself standing some feet away from her. It was herself. The woman standing before looked exactly like her. Bela looked at her curiously. She was smiling. 

"Who are you?", She managed to ask in spite of her amusement. 

"I am you!", The lady said, the smile still not leaving her face. Bela looked at her puzzled but didn't ask further instead asked, "Where am I? And where are the others?" 

"They are all there. Waiting for you!"

Bela was getting impatient with these puzzled talk and maybe the lady who looked like her read it from her face as she started speaking, "I am you Bela. We are the same person only. I have to talk to you for some time and then you can go back to your Mahir."

Her last sentence was quick enough to turn to Bela crimson and she didn't say anything instead stared at her. As if taking her silence as an answer, The lady continued, "Do you think what you said and did to Mahir was right? Do you think that he deserved all of that when he was just being concerned for your feelings?"

The questions was quick and the smile on her face was replaced by a serious expression. Bela didn't understand why she was asking all these when she remembered she is her only. Nevertheless, Bela let that questions sink in her own mind thinking of a possible response which might support her. "All this while I have been trying to prove that I am no ordinary woman but a strong willed person who can think and stand up for myself and he just thought I would go being jealous just because his ex wife came home. ", Bela spoke rather fiercely as if shouting these things would prove her point.