Chapter 27: First

Please Read the A/N below

🔸🔸🔸

The night was so beautiful. The shining stars decorating the dark sky and the cool breeze occasionally making its visits, It was perfect. Its been long since Bela enjoyed Night this much. It's not that anything was extra today but still, In that saree he gave and waiting for him in there, It felt special. Bela felt like the special one. Surprisingly, Her mind didn't waver into any thoughts. Everything she could think right now was Mahir who she can proudly call her Husband.
She had accepted the fact that they are no more the friends they agreed upon once but something else, something more. Never in her life, She had this confusion and this felt too foreign to handle.

When Mahir entered his room, he couldn't find his wife anywhere like he expected. Thinking, He moved towards the bathroom only to find it open and the moment he was about to take her name, He found a familiar silhouette near the curtains in the balcony facing the sky. A small smile etched upon his face as he saw her. If they had been sharing a normal bond, He would have surely hugged her from behind and but they weren't and his heart ached. He didn't know what is Bela's past, but he was sure it was no good. He didn't want to rush into things and even he was not sure about what he is feeling towards her. He was clearly wrong when he thought that they could remain friends till they die. He knew what he was feeling towards her now is no more the friendly feeling he had once. She has grown into something he craved. Something he will worship. Something he will never intentionally hurt. He was not sure if it can be called Love, but the feeling towards Bela was not something he experienced. It was not just because she is his wife. The respect and fondness he has for her is something she earned.
Not giving his thoughts much pressure, He took long strides to reach her before standing beside her.

Sensing him, She turned to him and passed a smile. A smile reflecting him all the affection and fondness she has for him and Mahir's heart skipped a beat. Like he said, She was still in the saree, the red colour complimenting her pale skin texture.
She felt herself getting burnt under his gaze.

"You look beautiful..!!",Mahir spoke as if he is dazed and Bela smiled lowering her sight and mentally thanking the darkness for hiding the colour of her cheeks.
A light cool breeze hit them and Bela shivered a little as the coolness touched her skins.

"You want to get inside..!!Its cold in here..!!",Mahir asked.

"No..Its so beautiful here..!!",She spoke and turned to face the nature while rubbing her hands together.
A while later, Bela felt Mahir moving away and saw him going back to the room. She looked at him and found him carrying something in his hand which she couldn't decipher due to the darkness.
Bela felt a sudden warmth engulfing her as she felt the smoothness of her blanket over her skin. She looked at Mahir and saw him smile, his face shining in the moon light. She smiled at him gratefully and both of them settled on the floor with Bela curling into the blanket.