Chapter 14: Chaos

"Mom

"Mom..I had talked to Miss Sharma..!!", Mahir spoke as both of them sat together for dinner. Mahira was not well hence slept earlier.

Sumitra who was eating her dinner quietly immediately looked up. After her confession about the proposal, her relation with Mahir turned little cold. Mahir literally freaked out when he realised that It was Dr Sharma she had chosen. Not that, he has any sort of grudge against her, But something inside him said that She won't be ready and a forced relationship is the last thing he would want.
Though his behaviour was disturbing her so much, She chose to let it be. Like a déjà vu, Sumitra often started imagining a family of the three ; Bela, Mahir and Mahira. And she stuck to her decision, Something in her made her feel that Bela is the one. Though her son is upset with her, She can adjust if it costs her son's good future. Can't She..??

"When did you meet her..??", Sumitra asked.

"I went to her hospital today. We talked and Mom, Please..I don't think she is ready for a Marriage right now. Please cancel this. I can't make this more awkward."

"But, Mr and Mrs Sharma called today to inform me that they are ready. They even proposed a meeting with you also. I was going to tell you this. They didn't seem unhappy Mahir..!!",Sumitra spoke recalling her talk with Sharmas few hours ago.

"What..??I think they have taken the decision without her consent. When I talked to her, She was not ready.",Mahir was confused to be honest.

"No, They won't do such an act after what had happened..!!They won't take a chance this time. And also if they didn't want Bela's consent, they would have agreed immediately after our proposal. But they asked for time to speak to Bela. I don't think so..!!"

"But she-"

"Did Bela said that she is not ready..??",Sumitra put forward the question.

Mahir looked at Sumitra, Amusement registered on his face. No, Bela didn't said anything like that. In fact, She said nothing. She was silent all the while. He took her silence to be a No.
As if understanding his thoughts, Sumitra spoke, "I knew this Mahir. You just think and come to a conclusion. It can work in your business but not in Real life, Mahir. You must have put forward your ideas and thoughts about this marriage. And as far as I understood, Bela is someone who speak only when needed. And You mistook it as something else. "

Mahir looked down at his plate. Was he always like this..??Should he speak to her again..?
Its better he end this topic soon...!!

"Where is Mahira, Mom?",He hasn't seen her since he arrived. But the tension was too much to handle

"She slept."

Mahir raised his eyebrows,"So early. What happened Mom.."

"She was having mild fever. I gave her medicine and made her sleep early.", Sumitra strode off taking their plates.