Chapter 11: Meeting Lily Jo Hansen

Twelve hours later....

After a long drive and a few pit stops along the way, I finally made it to Ohio. As I crossed the bridge, the rain began to fall. It sprinkled at first and then moments later it started to pour like crazy. The rain got heavier and heavier as I drove. I could barely see the road in front of me and I had to pull over. I look out the window and I see a bookstore. I figured I could go in and kill some time until the rain stop. I got my umbrella and got out of the car. I opened up my umbrella and ran across the street to the bookstore.

Lizze's POV

Another miserable day today in Cleveland. My boyfriend cheated on me and I feel like my life is over. I'm done with men for good. I just finished putting the last of the books on the shelf and the bell ring and saw who opened the door. It was a tall light-skinned handsome woman. She had her short hair braided and she wore stainless steel studs. She was wearing a crisp blue button down shirt and blue jeans with a pair of blue and white Jordans. I noticed that she's very attractive. I have always been attractive to the same sex. I guess I'm considered bisexual. I couldn't stop staring at her and I had a feeling that she's not from around here. I usually know all of my customers and I never met her before.

Danny's POV

My brand new shirt got a little wet from the rain. I shook the water from my umbrella and put it this beautiful handmade pot that is filled with other umbrellas. I noticed that there were a few customers walking around and looking at books on the shelves. Some were sitting at a table reading and a few kids were having storytime. This place reminds me of home.  When I was little Grams used to take me to the bookstore a lot. Grams loved to read books and my favorite thing to do was storytime. They would put on a a show and act the story out, just like what they're doing now. I was walking around looking at some books and I found the adult section. I was in the mood to read some black history books. I also found an empty table by a window in a corner. I sat down to read. Once I was done, I got to find another book to read. As I was walking around, I notice this beautiful woman. She had big, beautiful brown eyes, long black curly locks. She was also wearing a yellow sundress with brown heels. God, she's so beautiful. What the hell am I doing? I just broke up with Maddy and I didn't think I would be dating anytime soon.  Now I see this attractive woman here and it feels wrong to feel like this.

"Hi I'm Lizzie and I'm the owner of this store. You're not from around here, are you?" said Lizzie.

"Hi. I'm Danielle Jones. Just call me Danny with a Y. No, I'm not from around here. I am originally from Iowa City." I said.

"So what brings you here to Ohio?" asked Lizzie.

"I'm here to meet a friend of my grandmother's." I said.

"Oh. okay. How long are you in town for?" asked Lizzie.

"Only two days." I said.

"Have you found a hotel, yet?" asked Lizzie.

"No, I haven't found a hotel yet." I said.

"Well, I'll let you get back to your book." said Lizzie.

"Wait, can buy these two books?" I asked.

"Yes. I'll ring you up." said Lizzie.

I walked to the front of the store and paid for the books. I noticed that rain had stopped and my stomach began to growl. I asked Lizzie if there was a good place to get food.

"Sure. Try Willow's Cafe right down the street on your right. They have the best sandwiches, soups, bread and salads there. I go there a lot on my lunch break and sometimes on my way home for dinner." said Lizzie.