-22-

I was in the middle of scrubbing rugs when they called me. It was the fourth day after the high priestess's summon and although I promised her that I would leave, I found and knew that it wasn't so much of an easy task.

Priestess didn't earn money, their clothing consisted only of the temple blue and nothing else. So if I did manage to escape, anyone who sees me will know that I am a runaway priestess.

The high priestess was surely aware of all of this. The temple guards came to me when I was muling over my options on how to escape.

I thought that maybe my mother dearest had somehow found a way to make me stay by making me a criminal or something, only to find myself taken to the main meeting hall, the same room where I first saw my biological mother. She sat on he throne, with the future high priestess and her fiancé on her right and her most trusted attendnt on the left while guards flanked the room nervous.

In the middle of the room was a group of four men, clad in armour that didn't fit in with the desert community. They were so varied in skin tone, shape, size, morphology that it seemed like a scene from a fantasy novel of Killian Dune. But the leader seemed to be the one who stood in front, wearing a golden and silver armour with a giant misshapen axe over his shoulder.

Everyone's eyes turned turned when I neared the podium. The high priestess looked panic stricken and actually, scared. One of the strangers came closer to be and held a strange device in front of me. The blue light that erupted from it ran all over my body as a horizontal line, surprising me.

Then, the man with the device said something to the leader in a hurried voice. The leader turned back to the high priestess and frowned. A man that could have easily passed on in the city as a resident stepped forward and said, "Half of her body substance of not from this realm, high priestess. It's enough proof to know that this child is originally from another realm."

"She is my daughter, esteemed guard. That is the truth."

"If so that means she has spent her childhood in a hidden realm. Pray tell, how that is possible."

The high priestess looked down. " I lost her when she was a baby. I found her only now."

"So, does that mean that you somehow brought her from another realm? How did you manage to find her, if your clame of her being lost is true, guessing that the smuggler might have smuggled her away."

The high priestess didn't say a word. I could only guess that these people were from the realm order. The organisation that is said to stop people from traveling between realms.

"High priestess, why are you know answering?"

If they can talk to her like that, it was obvious that they had more power. I also remembered Zharu saying that the penelty for breaking the law was... Death.

She smuggled me here by takit me away from my home and poisoned me when she found me a hindrance. I really didn't care about that happens to her, but I felt like that if there was ever a chance for me to leave this realm, this was the only chance that I had.

"I came here on my own," I said.

All eyes turned to me as well, including the high priestess.

"You came here my yoursel?" The man said. He expression was angry, as if I was interrupting something very important. It almost seems like he had a personal grudge against the high priestess.

"The moment I realized I was not on this world, I tried to contact the otherworlders who traded between worlds and somehow managed to come here. I somehow met my biological mother."

The man frowned. The leader gave the dark skinned man a look and he probably explained what he heard to me in another tongue.

"You should be aware that traveling between realms is illegal is not properly authorized."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I never heard of a law that said it was illegal. They gave me a chance and I took it, I had to pay heavily as well for the service."

They didn't buy the story, but I was offering myself to them as a criminal and they didn't have a reason to refute.

The man who I suspected to be a local in this land ( and he was) was the only person displeased with my confession.

"Wee you aware of your daughter's origins, priestess?"

My mother skill get head. "This is the first time I have heard of it.

The leader turned towards me, scrutinizing me as he did.

"The punishment for illegal traveling through realms ranges from imprisonment to death. You will be held on trial to determine your fate. For that you must be taken to the Realm Order. Will your resist?"

I only had one answer. "No."

I didn't dare to look back at my family as I left the room, my hands chuffed with something fluid yet malleable that was cool to the touch. The Realm Order was my ticket home. My circumstances was surely special, so I believed I could avoid the death sentence. I didn't have anything worth taking with me but the clothing on my body and the pendant that was supposed to be my father's. I didn't feel the need to wish my biological mother and sister goodbye. Somehow I knew neither of us would be sad of the separation, more or so, it was a relief to both parties.