The pub

Dumbledore stepped out and set off to his office. He reached there in no time, and dropped onto his chair, thinking of the times he had mistaken other cats for Professor McGonagall. He didnt do that that often. Most of it was him joking but then there were times when he had actually mistaken other cats for Minerva. One of the times when this had happened had been very embarrassing.
It was 2 years ago, when the Chamber of Secrets had been opened and the board of governors had stated that he wasn't fit for the job anymore and had him removed. He knew they'd regret it and that he'd be back there in no time, however. It was extremely late and Dumbledore had gone up to his office right after that, and he had gotten his wand and his robes, and decided to stay at the village before setting off. He had gone to the three broomsticks, quite drowsy. He sat at a table when a cat jumped onto it, and purred.
"Ah, professor McGonagall. Yes, the governors have indeed had me removed, but I'll be back there in no time, I'm quite sure Lucius Malfoy threatened the others into signing it. Join me for a drink, why don't you, and you'll be in charge from tomorrow. Make sure not many more get attacked. It ought to be fine," he said smiling.
The cat meowed.
"Ah well, that's that. I suppose I could get you some mead? Or butterbeer?" He said with a smile.
The cat meowed again.
"I take that as a yes," he said, smiling,"Two glasses of Oak Matured Mead please, Madam Rosmerta."
She came to their table and set down two glasses of mead, and Dumbledore pushed the second glass over to the cat, who moved its paw and knocked her the glass, and the mead splashed all over the table.
"Ah not an issue, not to worry, you're drowsy I suppose?" He asked as he pointed his wand at the mess, which started to clean itself.
He had sat there for some time, with the cat playing staying there, confused. He had talked about the chamber opening and how he suspected that Harry had some idea on who it was. After about 20 minutes, he sipped the last of his mead and set down the glass, thanked Madam Rosmerta and stood up to leave, and looked expectantly at the cat, which leapt up and followed Dumbledore. He walked back up to the castle, he had to give McGonagall a few instruction about the school and then he would leave. They were soon climbing the stone steps, and then he pushed the oak front doors open. They set off to McGonagall's office. She wasnt there, as he had expected. He let the cat inside and wrote down a few points she needed to note, about the running of the school. He then bade her goodnight and set back outside.
When he had returned, professor McGonagall had told him that she had been patrolling the corridors and that he had again mistaken a stray cat for her, and that she had woken up to claw marks all over her skin and a sleeping cat. She hadn't apparently noticed it in the dark, tired after patrolling the corridors.