With Padfoot

He sat, amused, and then he remembered of the time when Sirius Black and he had pretended another stray cat was Minerva on her birthday, he had even cursed the spectacle markings onto its fur.
Sirius had woken past Dumbledore talking to a cat, pretending it was her, outside her office. Sirius grinned and made his way over, and asked, "why isn't she transfiguring into her actual self though?"
"Perhaps she wants to spend the day as a cat, it is her birthday."
"We have to give her a special day!" Sirius replied loudly, so that McGonagall could hear him from inside her room.
They'd gotten her a small birthday hat and Sirius and James ( with tons of help from Remus ) baked a cake and they'd given it to the cat at lunch at the gryffindor table, and most of the gryffindor's had joined in. They were all ignoring the presence of Professor McGonagall, of course, as she was sitting right at the high table. Sirius and Dumbledore had then taken the cat out to the grounds, where they all rode broomsticks ( dumbledore had bewitched a broomstick so that it was the perfect size for the cat and it rode itself). They then informed the great hall that it was McGonagall's birthday and that they were to wish the cat, again ignoring McGonagall's presence, her again being at the high table. She was, however, close to laughing at this point.
At the end of the day they left the cat in professor McGonagall's office, at her desk, and they left it a parchment, a quill and some ink. (They had, of course, hidden the actual papers in her desk, because the cat could tear it up and McGonagall wouldn't let them live to see daylight again if that had happened.)
Dumbledore was brought back to the present as flame erupted by Fawkes's perch. He smiled, and in a few moments a baby bird was poking its head out of the ash. Dumbledore walked over to it and stroked it gently. Phoenixes were, indeed, majestic creatures...