Chapter 4

Sans is just straight up vibin' yo. He goes to Grillby's sometimes to snort cocai--I mean--eat some ketchup straight from the bottle. Life is good for him.

One night, however, he had a dream, and that dream haunted him pretty damn hard.

The dream goes like this. Sans lives as a chubby little boy and he has skin and flesh and breathes oxygen in a place called Beach City...or something like that. Papyrus is notably absent and he has a father. He was much more excitable and happy-go-lucky.

He has three female friends who also live with him. Their names are Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl. 

He's seen them before in his dreams, obviously. However, this time, they look more distressed unlike being the happy bickering group of friends.

"Steven..." Amethyst calls him. "Steven, we miss you... Please, come back!"

"Oh Steven," Pearl sobs. "If only I had raised you better, this wouldn't have happened."

"Now now, Pearl, we all raised him the best we could," Garnet said, comforting the two sobbing people. "Steven, it wasn't your fault. After all, we are the crystal gems. We'll always save the day. And if you think we can't..."

"...we'll always find a way?" Sans responded (or should I say Steven?).

"T-that's why the people of this world..." Amethyst murmured, holding back tears.

"...believe in..." Pearl wailed.

"Garnet."

"Amethyst."

"And Pearl."

Sans was silent. He didn't know what to say.

"And...Sans..." *insert sans noise LOL*

Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl were all very disturbed. It was like their precious little baby Steven became a skeleton in a blue sweater. Their eyes suddenly grew dark shadows underneath them, panicking.

"Back off, demon!" Garnet yelled.

Then they all summoned weapons about to attack Sans. He readied his Gaster Blasters.

*hehehe, so you wanna have a bad time?

He fought the three "Crystal Gems" or whatever the fuck. It went on for what seemed like an hour or so. The battle was very tense, but he was able to handle all three of the Crystal Gems. They acknowledged that this "Steven" figure grew stronger, that he seemed more mature from when they last saw him.

Suddenly, the room faded to black, and Sans stood in front of a white haired human with a green sweater.

"Do you...know what hope is?" the boy asked the skeleton.

*uh, no?

"Meet me at the park tomorrow. Be there or be square. Then you'll unlock all the secrets of the universe. I'll see you there, Sans~"

And then Sans woke up in a cold sweat. Yes, he can conveniently sweat even though he's a fucking skeleton.

"BROTHER, ARE YOU OKAY?" Papyrus questioned, worried. 

But Sans couldn't shake the thought of the white-haired human in his dreams. He was lowkey kinda pretty tho, but that's besides the point.

Who the fuck was that?