Uno's Escape

That night, Cattarina is awakened by something. She stares out the window at the full moon, wondering what woke her.
Cattarina: Maybe it was just a dream...
She shrugs off the feeling that something is terribly wrong and goes back to sleep.
Meanwhile, in the dungeon, the guards lay dead on the ground and the bars on Uno's cell have been bent to make a hole big enough for a person to slip through. Uno stands next to a busted out window, polishing her blade. She throws back her head and laughs a cold, terrible, screeching laugh that pierces the night like an icy sword. Then she leaps through the window and runs off into the night.

The next morning, Cattarina is in her study writing a new death order for Uno since she left the other one in the dungeon yesterday. Just then, the door creaks open and Cattarina's most trusted assassin and tracker enters.
Alabaster: You called for me, your majesty?
Cattarina: Yes. I would like to give you the honor of being Uno's executioner.
Alabaster: Your majesty... I would gladly accept, but it is my regret to inform you that Uno has escaped, killing both guards in the process.
Cattarina: Those useless guards told me they had her under lock and key! How could she have escaped? No human has ever escaped my dungeon!
Alabaster: May I remind you, my lady, that not only is Uno an inhuman creature, but you haven't exactly had that many people in your dungeon to know what it's capable of containing.
Cattarina: I suppose you're right. Well, in that case, your job is now to track Uno down and then kill her, while I begin the odious task of finding new guards.
Alabaster: I'll get started right away, your majesty.

Later, at Alabaster's house, he is having dinner with his girlfriend, Abadear. However, the delicious smell of the roast chicken and carrots cannot liven up the subdued atmosphere that hangs in the air like a fog.
Abadear: So when do you leave?
Alabaster: I was hoping to get started at dawn tomorrow. Maybe I can get lucky and catch her before she gets too far.
Abadear suddenly slams her fork down on her plate.
Abadear: I'm going with you.
Alabaster: sigh... No, you're not.
Abadear: You're not the only one who's gifted in something, Alabaster. I have my specialties, and I'm pretty sure I can handle myself.
Alabaster: Don't you understand? I just want you to be safe. Uno is extremely dangerous-
Abadear: Which is exactly why you're going to need backup.
Alabaster: Listen, Abadear, I love you and I don't want you to get hurt, or die, or anything.
Abadear: Well, what do you expect me to do if you die and I'm left alone? Believe it or not, I love you too, and at least if I go with you we'll be together for the last few seconds of our lives.
Alabaster: How do you know she's going to kill me? Maybe I'll kill her first!
Abadear: No one kills Uno! No one! You of all people should know that!
Alabaster: Maybe that's true, but if you love me, you'll stay. When I get back, I'll be the hero of the Sun Lands, and we will finally be able to get married and raise a family in peace, without the threat that Uno will sneak into our house and kill us in our sleep.
Abadear: Alright, I'll stay.
Alabaster: Thank you.
The two embrace, and Abadear departs for home.