Chapter 12

_Chapter 12_

Two more people Kai didn't know spun. One had landed on Alika and the other on Uriah. Then Nalani spun and landed on a boy Kai didn't know. Lilo spun and landed on Makana and next was Alika. She reached for the bottle and spun. Kai watched it go around a few times before it began to slow. That was when his heart dropped.

Eli's eyebrows shot up in surprise as Alika happily made her way toward him... If kai had learned anything from tonight it was that all of the girls found Eli to be attractive... He had heard plenty about him. Most of the girls Kai had spoken to had said that Eli was the ideal boyfriend... Kai had decided that they just didn't know Eli well enough because as fascinating as Kai had found Eli, his lack of communication could easily tear a relationship apart.

Eli cast Kai a long look before his eyes suddenly narrowed in defiance. Alika went in for the kiss and Eli didn't hold back... He went straight in. He didn't freeze up like Kai had expected but quickly kissed her without hesitation. It was weird to think, but Kai had always thought Eli would be the shy kisser. The kind that never makes the first move and always just follows others' lead... Kai was proven wrong.

Uriah let out a loud cheer whereas Kai felt numb in a way... He didn't like watching Eli kiss her... In fact, he hated it. What made it worse was that Eli only made it so, for lack of a better word, passionate out of spite.

Eli pulled away first, casting one last glare at Kai before taking his seat next to Uriah. Uriah grinned and placed a hand on Eli's shoulder saying something inaudible to Kai. Kai assumed he was congratulating him...

"Uriah, your turn" Lilo teased. Uriah shrugged and spun the bottle as well. It landed on another girl Kai didn't know. The kiss was over quickly and Kai's heart sunk when it was Eli's turn again. He didn't want to watch him kiss somebody else...

Eli leaned forward and his hand gripped the bottle, showing off his jewelry. Kai was jealous of Eli's ability to put together outfits. A thin white sweater with a red logo Kai wasn't familiar with and black knee-length shorts. He wore black and white checkered Vans and his hair was neatly styled to where his loose curls fell onto his forehead. He wore diamond earrings and two silver rings connected to a bracelet with a thin chain.

Eli had high cheekbones and a perfectly straight greek nose. A small birthmark was on his cheek and stood out against his golden skin. He had heart-shaped lips that were tinted with the lightest pink and dark brown almond eyes...

Kai bit his lip to conceal his smile. It must have been the third time tonight Kai had caught himself checking him out. How could he not? Eli even managed to make his flaws look perfect...

Makani shifted nervously beside Kai making Kai feel a pang of guilt. With the twist of his hand, the bottle began to spin making Kai fill with another wave of dread. Kai bit down on his lip as the bottle began to spin in agonizingly slow circles... And then it landed on Kai.

Eli's eyes were wide with terror as they met Kai's. Usually, Eli's eyes had a twinge of mystery and romance. They always looked mature to Kai... But now they looked as fearful and innocent as a deer froze in front of headlights. Kai swallowed the lump in his throat. He wasn't sure if this was relieving or more stressful than watching Eli kiss another person.

"Come on Akoni, kiss the man" Uriah teased. Eli's face flushed and he stood up. Kai could feel his heart slam in his chest for a moment before his blood ran cold when Eli turned to leave.