Chapter 0

"Caleb's not going to make it" Hayley woke up with her heart pounding. Another bad dream.

 "He's not going to make it," those words shook her for the thousandth time. She remembers nothing, and everything at the same time. She was only 7 when Caleb died. Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.... Hayley looks at the time on her phone. 3:14 AM. She knows it'll be hard to go back to bed. Vertically, she's better, but once she gets down it's hard for her to lie in darkness without the rushing fear surrounding her. 

"I love you Caleb, we coulda been together, think about it. It's ruined now, I hope can't sleep and I dream about it. And when I dream I can't sleep and I scream about it. My conscience eats at me and I can't breathe without you"

She gives back in at 5AM and sleeps. She awakes an hour later and gets up for good. 

Lilliana Ketchman sits in her hotel room alone. Her mother was out in the hallway getting ice. She'd come to LA along with her mom and brother for a series of interviews. They didn't go too poorly, but she was upset with herself. She knew she wouldn't land the part. Again, she thinks to herself. What would her mom do to her? 

"You're a f***ing worthless piece of sh*t, Lilly. This is my life you're f***ing up. Make more godd**n money for me!" "Land this f***ing role or I'll shove you back up my a** where you came from, and trust me, it hasn't gotten better!" The verbal and emotional abuse is worse than the physical abuse... Her mother persisted that Lilly needed to lose weight, although the Doctor might say otherwise.

"The doctor doesn't know anything about Dancing or Show Business, Lilly, trust me." Stacey would say....

Lilly Facetimed Elliana. She could talk to her. They both know what it's like to have a crazy stage mom.

Later that night Caden Ketchman sat in an apartment with some people he sort of knew and some strangers. Jules, Jayden Bartels, and some others. His friend Donovan was there, or he would have probably been uncomfortable. They were smoking grass. The clock on the wall hit 1AM and things got a little out of hand. A man broke in while they lied dazed. He was hyped up and out of his mind. He freaked out and fired a few shots......

POV: Jessica Duvernay, intern at Good Morning America

I woke up at the usual time of 3:30AM in my one bedroom apartment. I got ready for the day and drank my first cup of coffee before leaving to catch the bus. I arrived at the studio at 4:45AM. Bernard, the security guard, cleared me to enter. He's 62 and has been married for 43 years. He could tell a story if someone would stop to listen to him. 

"You're live in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..." I hear. I sit down with my 3rd cup of coffee and watch.

"The heartbreaking, tragic story today coming out of Los Angeles," I hear one of the hosts say, "Three teenagers shot and killed during what police say to be a robbery gone wrong, stars of Nickolodeon show "Side Hustle" Jayden Bartels, 16 years old, Annie LeBlanc 16 years old, as well as Caden Ketchman, brother of Lilly Ketchman, a reality star on the show Dance Moms. He was 15."

"Just tragic," Michael Strahan said, "They had so much ahead in their future,"

"Yeah, I have a niece their ages, I couldn't imagine," 

"Our hearts go out to the families involved,"

"Police have apprehended a suspect, they will not disclose his identity at this time, he's said to be a male Caucasian in his mid-twenties." 

"Chair!"