Chapter 2

Okay, first off, I am so sorry for not updating anything, I've just not had much motivation to do so, but I will try to get as much done as possible, anyway, enough of this, on to the chapter!!))

It took a while, but Cassandra eventually learned the ways of a princess.

Rapunzel and Cassandra were sat in the carriage talking, still on their way to the Dark Kingdom.

"That's it, you've got all this princess stuff down Cass." Rapunzel said to Cassandra with a proud smile.

"Thanks Raps. For everything." Cassandra smiled, grateful for all of Rapunzel's help.

"Of course, anything for a friend." Rapunzel said softly.

"You, think of me as your friend? But what about all that my mothers done to you? How do you know you can trust me with your friendship?" Cassandra asked looking up at Rapunzel, who had placed her hand on Cassandra's with a smile.

"Cass, just because your mother did something wrong doesn't mean I can't trust you, you can make your own story, I mean, yes, we're both getting forced to do something we don't necessarily want to do now, but after this, would you maybe consider coming and staying in the palace with me? You seem like a strong girl, so maybe we could find you a job on the royal guard team, or if you wanted something else we could find you..." Rapunzel said rambling on before Cassandra launched herself onto Rapunzel, engulfing her in a hug.

"Thank you so much Raps, I would really like that." Cassandra said with slight tears in her eyes.

"Your welcome Cass." Rapunzel smiled and returned the hug before pulling away from the hug and wiping away the tears from Cassandra's eyes.

Not long later, the carriage stopped, indicating that they had arrived at the Dark Kingdom.

Cassandra took a deep breath and Rapunzel placed her hand on top of Cassandra's, she looked up at Rapunzel who was giving her a reassuring smile, making Cassandra feel a lot better and her nerves eventually faded away.

After a few seconds, the carriage door opened and Cassandra walked out, with Rapunzel following after her.

There were two men stood at the top of a staircase which led to the front door of the castle.

One looked quite old, and Cassandra assumed he was the King, and the other looked around Cassandra's age, which made her think that he was her groom-to-be.

Both Cassandra and Rapunzel walked elegantly up the stairs before stopping in-front of the King and bowing.

"Your Majesty, I would like to thank you for accepting my presence into your Kingdom." Cassandra said, clear and fluent like a true princess.

"Oh, my dear, there is no need to bow, after all, we are soon to be family. I am King Quirin, and this young gentleman next to me is my nephew, Eugene, and what might your names be?" He asked with a friendly smile.

Rapunzel looked over at Eugene, who was staring at her, but when she looked over he looked away with a slight blush on his cheeks which made Rapunzel giggle.

"Oh, well it's very lovely to meet you both, I am Cassa.... I mean, Princess Cassandra, and this is my lady-in-waiting and closest friend, Rapunzel." Cassandra said with a soft smile whilst Rapunzel gave a small wave and a curtsy.

"Although, I don't mean to be rude your majesty, but I thought I was engaged to your son? Or at least, that's what I've been told." Cassandra asked.

"Ah, yes, you are, my son, Varian is running a bit late, I apologise for his slackiness Princess." Quirin said, and as if on cue, a young man who looked not much younger than Cassandra came running out of the Castle before he stood next to the King. He had short brown hair and was quite skinny.

"Varian, your late again." Quirin said sternly.

'This was Varian? Wow, I was expecting a big muscly idiot thinking everything's about him, but this man seems... rather normal.' Cassandra thought to herself.

"I'm sorry father, I got distracted and lost track of the time." He said with an apologetic smile.

"Well it's not me who you should be saying sorry to, it's the young lady's you've kept waiting." Quirin said as he gestured towards the two girls.

Varian bowed and smiled slightly.
"I apologise for being late your majesty and lady-in-waiting." He said.

Cassandra smiled a little and gestured for him to stand up straight.
"It's quite alright, your Varian, am I right?" She asked.

Varian nodded.
"Yes, I am, and you?" He asked.

"Princess Cassandra, and this is my friend and lady-in-waiting, Rapunzel." She said with a smile.

"Well it's a pleasure to meet the both of you, shall I show you to your rooms?" Varian asked.

"Yes, thank you, that would be much appreciated." Cassandra said politely as she followed Varian who had began walking towards the castle.

"I'll come along." Eugene said quite quickly with a smile as he began walking beside Rapunzel.

(Omg, I actually finished another chapter without putting myself off 😂👏👏👏 well done me, I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I will start working on the next chapter the now, thank you for your patience, and I apologise again for the lateness of this chapter 😅😊))