Chapter 19: Fleeting Escape (BEING REWRITTEN!!!)

(AAAHHHH! Sorry, every now and then you gots to let your emotions out. But, I would like to thank: Zen2650, introvertexe, Trollinus956, and RazZorlnc for following me! I may not post stuff quite as much. But trust me, I be working on all kinds of things!)

———————————————————————————————————————

"Hehe he, oh you say you'll be allowing me to leave?"

Ingressus looked around. Was he supposed to know that voice? It sounded like it was directed at him. But he wasn't certain...

"I will be taking my own leave. But how about a little fun first? Grrraahhh!"

(Would suggest listening to Shards of the Exodar by Russell Brower)

Ingressus jumped slightly while opening his eyes, a shivering sensation ran along the surface of his skin while he awoke in a cold sweat.

Who had that been?! he thought worriedly. Was the voice real? Or had it just been his imagination? He couldn't remember...

He tried to focus his eyes on the ceiling above, immediately a feeling of sickening wooziness overcame him. He could hardly see... he wasn't sure where he was. Everything was blurred and disorienting. His ears were ringing slightly, and his head felt like it was spinning. The room, if he was in one, was shrouded in darkness, offering hardly any light to see.

Ingressus felt the surface beneath him. Soft fabric met his sore fingertips. Had he been moved somewhere?

He slowly rolled over, his joints stiff and aching. His head felt like half the size of a melon through the burning heat that was tormenting him. It felt like his skin was on fire. Was something burning him? Each beat of his heart seemed to make his head and ears throb painfully, which only added more to the hazing reddish cloud of darkness that encompassed a single light in front of him.

He squinted his eyes once the radiance was in his narrowing focus. He flinched away from the light, feeling the headache worsen from his pupils dilating forcefully against the piercing brilliance. He shielded his eyes, giving them a moment to adjust. Ingressus couldn't tell exactly what the light was. It was just, there, by itself. No source of any kind, or any that he could see. Everything was foggy in his vision. It was hard to recall his last memory... What had happened before he got here?

Where was here?

Ingressus moaned while the headache came even harder the more he tried to think. He felt dizzy and nauseous under the weight of it. An annoyance that only added another burden to the many others.

What had happened to him? Why was it so painful to move or think? To try and remember anything?

He slowly began to sit up but gasped in pain a second later once everything seemed to erupt in a seething, fiery wave of pain.

Ingressus also noticed a tension around his abdomen. Like something had been wrapped tightly around him. Was it good or bad?!

Come on, think... Why is it hard to remember?

As much as he tried to push against the invisible wall inside his mind, the forcing strength of it was too much to beat. It frustrated him, made him feel vulnerable. He hated the feeling of helplessness. He had promised himself he would never allow that feeling to take over ever again. He vowed he would always push through it no matter what.