Chapter 6: Sunset before Dawn

The maid brought out a hot towelette for Juadeth and Madden. "Madden, my love, I don't see why we have to eat like peasants. Uncleaned food and...and...I don't even know what we're drinking. Is this water? This is ridiculous. I'm not eating this." Madden put down his dinner and chewed very slowly before he could speak. Then he let Juadeth finish her complaints. "We are head of all of our armed forces. Including the spies, but they'd prefer for them to be alone. Anyway, my point is is that all I want right now is for the food we eat and the drinks we drink to be a little cleaner." Madden got through chewing his food. He looked at Juadeth, leaned back in his chair, and sighed. "Juadeth, I am sorry you feel this way, but if you've even been outside the palace walls, you could see we're going through a terrible famine right now. It is so bad that people are eating other people. Did you know I could jump over this table right now and kill and eat you?" Madden circled the table over to Juadeth. The maid stood there in total fear. Her back was pinned to the wall. Then Madden started walking towards the wall where the maid was. "Leave us." The maid jerked out of the door, then Madden closed it and locked it. He even put a chair under the doorknob for safe securing. Madden turned around and once again paced towards Juadeth, who was now frozen. Not in fear, but in a way to...keep her safe. Madden, now right behind Juadeth, wrapped his hand around her neck, turned her around, and brought her closer to him. She was barely lifted off of the ground, but was still struggling to hang to Madden's hand, for air. Then He brought Juadeth even closer to him, so close their noses were touching. "I could just eat you." He whispered it in to her ear and made her flinch. Madden stared at her, then took a long sniff on the side her cheeks. His eyes turned from a golden chestnut to an electrified blue. He started walking towards the bed that was located across the room, but before he got into the pit of the room, he stepped down the small steps and threw Juadeth across the room and on the bed. She landed against the headboard first with a loud bang. She tried to escape, but then Madden super jumped across the pit and on to her. He held her hands down as he watched her struggle. His fangs started to show and saliva started to drip from his lips like a rapid dog. His eyes then morphed into black marbles. He felt powerful, he no longer was Madden.He was a being created by hell, a dark soul no longer trapped inside of a worthless body. He came in closer and closer until finally something made him snap out of it. "Stop, Madden! Please!" Juadeth laid there helplessly and out of breath. Madden's eyes faded back into his normal color, a beautiful golden chestnut. He searched all over Juadeth for simply nothing. Madden breathed and hopped off of her and backed up into the wall. "My love, I am so sorry. I don't know what happened. It was like after I said your name, I just... I...I blacked out." Juadeth took a breath before getting out of the bed. She started walking towards him, but was stopped. "No, stay over there. I don't want to hurt you anymore." Juadeth tried to reach for him, but was instantly interrupted by a sudden scream outside of the palace walls. "He's going to kill us all! Retreat, retreat!" Madden ran to his balcony only to find one of the civilians at the top of the barrier opening the gate, the sun light killing every being in its way...