Division 4

Azariyah • Zari • Za • Bubbles

I continue to stare at the screen in disbelief

I continue to stare at the screen in disbelief. It was just sitting there and I kept re-reading it not knowing what to think about it. "I'm out and coming to see you soon, Love King." I didn't respond and instead got ready for school. Put my hair in a slicked-back bun and instantly regret it. King loved this hairstyle on me. I leave it alone and get dressed. I grab my stuff and start heading out the front door. Something seems a little off though. My father is sitting at the kitchen table just looking at his phone "Don't chu gotta go to work?" I asked real suspiciously.

He looks up at me and smirks. "King outside waiting for you." My heart dropped and then started racing. I tried forcing words out of my mouth but it didn't work quite right.

I awkwardly open the door to see King's car in the driveway. King is really here and it wasn't fake. Or was it? Maybe if I pinch myself I'll wake up just like last night.

He hops out of his car. A Burgundy Ferrari. You can always count on King to show out as much as possible. I look him up and down and get flooded with memories of us from back then.

King is a tall, skinny, freak boy. He was the first person I fell in love with. He's a pimp and a crybaby but so am I, and I hate the fact that I'm caught up with this dude but I don't know how to pull myself away from him either.

King is the hardest flexor in the states and I'm sure of it. He walks smoothly up to me and hugs me. His cologne washes over me. He's wearing the cologne I bought him a while back, my favorite one.

All of these factors playing out makes me want to start all over again with King. I have to stay strong and try not to catch feelings all over again.

I'm definitely about to get caught the fuck up when we get to school. I hopped in the car and checked my hair in the mirror. This ride feels like it's taking forever but at the same time is moving way too fast.

King is a Senior and I'm only a Sophomore. What if Nessa tries to take King away from me? She is his type, and I'm sure Nessa would love to fuck me over after what happened with Ryan. None of these Harlem bitches could even handle King as I do. Especially not the inside him.

We pull up to the parking lot. Of course, this is the one day when everyone is outside before the morning bell. Everyone looks in our direction and pulls out their phones. King hops out first and everybody starts giggling and talking. I stayed in the car. Thank god for tinted windows. King noticed I was still in the car and came to open up the door. I get out and can feel myself shaking just a little.

King grabs my throat and kisses me in front of everybody. Now I'm really fucked. I kissed him back because I couldn't resist it. He grabs my hand and takes me to where everybody else is and sits on a bench. He puts me on his lap and then starts scrolling through IG as if we were back in Chicago.

My heart is racing. I try to stand up but King pulls me back down. "Babygirl, where you going?" he asked me while kissing my neck. I looked straight ahead "King, I'm already in a relationship and I can't have you messing that up. I need you to let me go before he gets here."

There's a pause in his breath. He's hurt and he's thinking. I wait there silently, still on his lap. I have no idea what time it is.

"No. Fuck yo nigga. Ian come all the way from Chicago just to let some pretty boy have you in my face. I'd give you a few weeks with him. Then you gone get bored with him and drop him. Now chill with all that mamas." I feel bad, really bad because he's right. I probably will get tired of Ryan eventually.

"That's not true, I really like him." Another pause in his breath, He's hurting and thinking again. More silence. I move to stand up and he lets go of me.

I turn around and look at King. He rises up and meets my eyes, my insides melt "Fine, stay with him, don't come back to me no more." He starts walking away and then comes back.

He leans over to my ear and whispers into it "I hope he breaks your heart, the same way you did me." I turn away from him and walk away.

He really said that. I try my hardest to brush it off and not let my mind wander off on its own but, it's not that easy.

What did he do after I left? No! We are not doing this again.  I turn back around and see Ryan. I just pushed King away for Ryan after what just happened Saturday. I turn back around to see King talking to Nessa. My mind starts racing, what do I do now? Revenge or pass out? I'm slowly leaning on the second option until my pride starts lifting me up. I turn back to Ryan who's standing in front of me now, 

"Ok look, I know what you're thinking about, Saturday, right? It's not what you think-" He's cut off by pings going off everywhere. He looked at his phone and I watched his face lose color. I checked mine and someone airdropped a video. I start shaking as I open the video and it's a video of Ryan and Nessa fucking inside the club bathroom Saturday.

"Ok," I say it calmly, but I can feel the anger rising inside me, I'm still shaking, I look around at everyone looking at me, some eyes filled with sympathy, some with enjoyment.

I felt my chest going up and down as I tried to catch my breath. I noticed how hard I was shaking, I felt like I couldn't breath. I started to black out coming in and out of it, rubbing my head trying to make sense of the video.

I look up at Ryan in disbelief as he looked at me with horror in his eyes. I just stare at him and then start giggling, which eventually turns into full blown hysterical laughter. I hold my stomach rubbing away tears and look back at Nessa smirking at me, then King looking at me. I couldn't exactly read him but I don't really care.

I start losing my vision in and out everything is blurry and I see red for a few seconds. After a few more seconds of straight red, I come back to my senses and I'm on top of Ryan punching him in his jaw repeatedly. He's bleeding and choking me, but I don't care. I keep going at it. I'm not sure if I took my medicine today or sure if I'm the one screaming,  someone else, or both.

I'm still punching him and he's still bleeding. His grip is slipping around my neck. I stop and stare at him. I feel a pair of hands pick me up. It's King. Everything is moving slow. I'm standing up and looking down at Ryan. Then I faint. I feel like I can't move anymore. I'm numb again.