11/01 0:49

I lie awake on my mattress that lays on the floor while looking up at the dark, colorless ceiling. A light breeze hits my cheeks as it seeps out of the small vent above me. My thoughts race through my mind like fast forward rush hour traffic.

I don't understand. Why is he so nice to me? The fact that I'm even in here should be an effect of hatred. He says it's because he loves me. How could someone who could kidnap and imprison another human being be a way of showing "love"? Could it? He confuses me. I've already concluded that he's not a psychopath. Maybe he has another psychological problem I can't think of. I guess I should've paid more attention in Psych 101 while I was in college.

His words and actions circled my brain like a carousel at the state fair. There are so many distractions that he gives off, like the blinding lights that shine in your eyes as you spin in circles.

You're smart Scarlett. You should know what a psychopath is....

How could he know my intelligence level? I could be an idiot for the amount of time I've known him. Does he know the college classes I've taken?

Would I have cried so hard when I found you...?

Why did he cry so hard, for me? I barely know the man. What was he mumbling as I was slowly drifting away?

Would I have taken the time to learn about you for as long as I did...

How long has he "learned about me"?

His image played in my head; my mind's a broken record. He makes me question everything; my friends, my family, my job, my home. Was it all because of him? What does he want with me?

This is what I've come to. Not planning to get out of this hell hole. So many movies are made for the thing that I have. But trying to understand the mind of my captor is a whole new for me. How long has he been planning this this? When was the first time he saw me? Why is he doing this? What is he doing this for?

Who is he?