Chapter 10

I slowly opened my eyes to a very dark room. Fear and confusion paraded through my mind. My hands were tightly bound together with a piece of cloth. Raising my head off the ground, a soaring headache filled my head. After my eyes finally adjusted, a small door, across from where I sat, opened. A tall, shadowy figure stepped through the threshold. It was so frightening. But I had to stay strong.

"Where- where am I?" I asked, covering my eyes from the light, with my tied hands. "Who are you?"

"You're safe. I know it may not come as a shock to you, but you're in danger. And I'm going to keep you safe." The dark figure came closer towards me and I scooted even closer to the cold wall.

"I'm not going to hurt you Scarlett-"

"How do you know my name? Get away from me! I don't know you!"

"Of course you do. I'm-" He reached out his hand.

"Don't come any closer! Don't touch me!" I faced my head to the wall.

He paused in his tracks; standing still just looking at me. Backing away he gently whispered, "I'm sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to. I'll come back later."

Eventually he backed out of the door and shut it.

I have to get out of here. This guy is going to keep me in here forever. He's crazy. I need to find a way out. I have to. I hate him. I hate him! I stood up and started shouting.

"Let me out!" I screamed. "Let me out!"