Chapter 10: Collapse

There were many words to describe Arthur Shelby none of them good atleast none that I could think of, he was a lot like a child in the way of being short tempered and immature. He was very easily riled that was one of my first observance since he made it his mission to watch me and everything I do I made it mine to do the same.

Arthur had a very over indulgent personality, he drank too much , got high often, had sex often and loudly. I could hardly sleep thanks what ever I had to thank for causing my reoccurring nightmares to rear there ugly heads and when I did manage to shut my eyes there was the moans of a prostitute to keep me awake.

I couldn't imagine existing like that, his life seemed in a way tragic sometimes I'd catch him a glass of whiskey in his hands stairing at the flame burning in the fire place , I wondered what he thought about. I often found myself looking for any redeeming qualities in the most evilest of souls. Even in sister Frank that nazi bitch.

My days working as a glorified secretary for community affairs and wellness cut my workday a lot shorter . I started at 8 and ended at 4 o'clock . My time at the kennel had been cut to the weekends . I spent my days after work with the kids of course , they were glad for there new things thanking me , hearing I had a brought a sponsor to the shelter for the kids. Little did they know that there new luxuries had come at the expense of my civil liberties . I'd finished work at Shelby limited and decided to take this day for myself .

I needed a break , a release , from everyone my mind was at the races . Though I hate to admit it I found myself the other day in the kitchen, as I passed the living room counter I had noticed some left over Tokyo on the table. No doubt that imbecile left it there after taking a line . I was tempted , I stared at it for a moment contemplating. I was running on fumes these days not a lick of sleep , I could barely eat .  But I'd heard of Tokyo's effects I knew it could offer me some reprieve but at what cost . I soon shook the thought from my head , I could end up as mad as a hatter,

" no Orphange today ". Mr. Shelby asked walking in the kitchen, I hadn't noticed him come in I was so wrapped in my own thought. The kids at the Orphange had actually taken a liking to Arthur as Repulsive as that is, He made a long lasting impression on Bex . However Robins opinions did not waver.

" you should concern yourself with other activities, such as your own buisness ". I responded

" you are my buisness , you work for my company, you live in my house, you frequent my establishment ". He responded

" not really by choice now is it , "

" you had a choice , I'd say you made the right one".

" working for the devil , eating in his house, sleeping in his bed , I've made better decisions". I responded there was a moment of silence and in it I could feel his gaze,

" who's sister Frank ". He asked I turned to him in shock

" by that look on your Face I'd reckon someone important ". He continued I stood there a thousand images flashing in my head. Then nothing. My visuals became a haze and my own weight too much to bare.

" Rose". I heard him call but  I never touched the floor. That was all I could remember.

————————————————————————

" tommy". Arthur said almost announcing his brothers arrival

" what happened to her". Tommy asked

" I don't know she was fine one moment I mentioned something about a sister Frank to her and when I did she was out of it then she collapsed , Tom ". Arthur informed