Admire

I wake up in a rush running down the stairs of my house my mother rushing me as I jump into the carriage holding the skirt of my dress, it's not like anyone would show up for me anyway, everyone knew I wasn't doing the meeting suitors thing. I'm just going to watch boys line up for Daphne and to watch Anthony scare them away. 

I sigh as the carriage arrived at the Bridgerton home walking myself to the drawing room, being hit by the smell of fresh biscuits, stealing one from the table in front of Eloise as I was seated beside Colin across from Benedict on the couches waiting and watching as man after man arrived and as Anthony chased each man away, Until the unexpected happened and a suitor came to me.  Colin and Benedict straightened  the way they're sat, as the man I had never seen before came and introduced himself "Miss Williams, I am lord whirlwind" and before I could even reply Colin had tapped the back of my neck softly with his finger sending small chills down my spine "good morning lord whirlwind" I smile politely unused the attention from any man who wasn't a Bridgerton, Benedict clearing his voice to hide the snicker. Lord whirlwind stood to talk to me considering Colin wouldn't give up his seat, but while the man was reciting poetry to me Anthony had gone protective and came over claiming the words he was saying was not appropriate for me to hear.  

Finding this hilarious I can see Colin and Benedict holding their sniggers in "I apologise dearly lord. I'm not much of a fan of poetry" I smile trying to get this man to leave and thankfully, for the first time ever, I am grateful for Anthony being overly protective as he basically kicks lord whirlwind out of the house, before going back to the poor lad by Daphne, Colin playing with the ends of my curls and Benedict making faces at me when my face flushes at the slight contact.

••••••••••

After a short while all the men had gone and Anthony Bridgerton was finally at ease. His little sister was no longer to be around all these men all at once.... Anthony and Daphne were out for a ride on their horses in the park, Eloise had went on a stroll with Penelope Featherington, the little Bridgertons' were playing games and Benedict and I were sitting in the same place simply just enjoying each others company, Benedict was sketching me and I was reading Shakespeare Romeo and Juliet. Colin had left to see Miss Thompson whom I had been told is a cousin of the Featheringtons. So goodluck him.

after spending so much time with the Bridgertons Anastasia had to go home again to get ready for to nights event. She had a simple baby pink dress on with a small rose quartz pendant necklace, her grandma would always say rose quartz brought love and romance, and that's what Anastasia wanted. the next event was the Vauxhall celebration, on some kind of island therefore they had to travel across by a boat. Which wasn't good for Astoria because frankly her stomach was weak, she did however hear all about the dukes 'random' dinner with the Bridgertons.

The garden was decorated quite beautifully and Ana took note of how Colin was left to talk to Penelope as Marina was unwell. How awful. Ana was quite glad of that and thought she may get some of Colins attention, but that soon went away when she saw him take Penelope to the dance floor. Was it every girl except Anastasia that Colin wanted? Luckily Anthony had noticed her stare and nudged her toward the table with the drinks grabbing himself and her a glass of champagne, Thank God for Anthony Bridgerton. 

Anastasia and Anthony were stood together in the crowd, Anthony taking note of how giggly and smiley Ana was when she had a few drinks, he had secretly loved when she was like this and not so anxiety riddled. he was unknown to how easily alcohol was going to affect her so he made sure to be by her side all night, not wanting someone to take advantage. However he wasn't able to hide the small smile on his face when he watched her eyes light up at the same time as the lanterns above them, her face glowing with the orange fire and the smile on her face widening. She looked flawless. 

In Anthony's mind now was a good time to tell Daphne the news he had for her, seeing as aurora was slightly drunk and couldn't go off on one, he couldn't lie she was scary when she was angry. "Oh is it not the most bizarre" Daphne gasps "its beautiful. I want this at my wedding" Ana agreed which shocked both the Bridgerton's as Ana never mentioned her wanting marriage, like, ever but deciding to ignore the obviously influenced girl. "Lord berbrooke's barony is over 200 years old, his lineage is legitimate, he has had an excellent education, possesserd no depts, never hurt an animal or a woman, and is even a decent shot... you are to marry him" Anthony declared Anastasia gasping "ME? no. not me You're not my brother" earning a weird look from Anthony but again being ignored Daphne walks away "I will not hear of this."

A little while later Anthony is watching the fireworks going off above him with Anastasia leaning against his arm, the colours clearly showing in the reflection of her eyes "thank you for taking care of me Anthony. My father would be so grateful" she mumbles Anthony only looking down at her with a smile, at least one girl in his life appreciated what he done for her. the two sat in silence comfortable with each other even when Violet Bridgerton came over to them, that was until the Bridgerton girl had walked in with the duke earning three different reactions from them each, Mama Bridgerton smiling proudly, Anthony holding a face of anger and Anastasia who generally looked confused and worried. Where did they walk out from together? Anthony clenched his hands seeing his little sister and oldest friend dancing together infront of everyone, Anastasia only sighed, this didn't feel good, maybe it was the champagne but something felt off, it felt... wrong.

 "For those not in attendance at the Vauxhall celebration, you missed the most remarkable coup of the season. it seems Anastasia Williams was very close to the Eldest Bridgerton boy, although those two have always been quite close, the young boy was seem showing a glimps of admiration in his eyes. It also appears Daphne Bridgerton has captured the interest of the newly returned Duke of Hastings. how the young Girl has secured the new found suitor is yet to be determined. but if anyone is to reveal the circumstances of this match it is I- yours truly Lady Whistledown."