Thirty-two

On their way to her home, Yoongi kept on checking the Jieun's condition. He was very worried that Jieun had taken too much alcohol than she could handle.

"I wanna go home." Jieun woke up from her sleep, still talking slurred. "Suran-ssi, take me home please?"

Yoongi knew then how drunk Jieun was. She couldn't even recognize him. "We're going home, Jieun. Don't worry."

There was a tiny chuckle. "Suran-ssi, you speak very odd. Or maybe I'm just hearing things." Another chuckle followed. "Suran-ssi, do you know why Min Yoongi likes you?"

Yoongi unintentionally stepped on the break when he heard his name. He got nervous so he decided to stop driving for a while.

Jieun continued with her drunk speech. "It's because you're not only pretty. You're also very sweet. You're sophisticated. Annnd, you take care of him. Annnd, you're not annoying like me."

"Annoying?" Yoongi was confused.

"Yeah. I used to annoy Yoongi a lot. I think I just love the attention he used to give me." Jieun smiled painfully. "Maybe that's the reason why he left me." She sighed, then chucked again. "But Suran-ssi, don't worry. Yoongi won't leave you. You're not me."

"Jieun..." Yoongi was about to talk to her when Jieun opened the door and crawled her way out of the car. He was thankful that he decided to park first, otherwise, the lady would have thrown up inside his car.

Yoongi hurriedly approached Jieun who was sitting on the pavement. He felt a different kind of sadness seeing her miserable.

Jieun lifted her head when she saw Yoongi sit beside her. "Oh Yoongi-ssi! You're here! Where did you come from?"

He let her stare at him for some seconds looking lost and wondering. He wanted to hug her so bad, but he just couldn't.

"Yoongi-ssi, where's your girlfriend? I was talking to her earlier. She said she'll take me home. I wanna go home, Yoongi-ssi."

"Alright, let's go." Yoongi chose not to speak anymore. He took Jieun's hand and led her inside the car. "I'm taking you home."

Yoongi had to ring the doorbell several times before Beomgyu could open the door. It was already two in the morning so he had to wait for the boy to wake up. Jieun was left inside the car, still passed out.

"Hyung! Is everything okay? Where's noona?"

"She's in the car. She drank too much. I'm sorry Beomgyu."

"No, no. It's alright, hyung. Noona really drinks a lot these days."

Yoongi refused to believe what he just heard. He never knew about Jieun drinking. The two helped each other in taking Jieun to her bedroom. It was the first time that Yoongi had seen her room. It was very much like her—a beautiful mess.

"Hyung, I'm really sorry for causing so much trouble. Noona is really stubborn. I told her not to get drunk again." Beomgyu sighed. "Thank you for taking her home safe. I'm glad she have you and Yijeong hyung to protect her specially when I'm away." Although Beomgyu was dissappointed, he was still grateful that Yoongi took care of Jieun.

"It's okay, Beomgyu. We will always take care of your sister." He checked his watch and decided to go home. He was also feeling sleepy. "Anyway, I have to leave. We still have to work tomorrow. Tell Jieun to take a day's off. We're done with the song anyway."

Just when Yoongi was about to take a step, Jieun tightly held his wrist.

"Don't leave. Why do you always leave?" There was nothing but despair in her voice.

Yoongi was stunned. He never expected Jieun to stop him from leaving. Was she awake the whole time?

"Hyung, I think you need to stay for a little while." Beomgyu smiled softly and went to the door. "I'll leave the two of you alone. I'll be downstairs."

Yoongi nodded. He then found himself alone with Jieun who was now holding his hand, with no plan of letting go. He saw something in Jieun's closed eyes. Was she crying?

He sat on the floor just beside Jieun's bed. He gently brushed off the strands of hair covering her small face. No matter how beautiful Jieun was, Yoongi could see the sadness in her. He softly held Jieun's hand and stared at it for a long time.

"I will never leave you again, Jieun."