Chapter 21

"Fuck you

"Fuck you."

_____________🥀_____________

Natalie

I sat on the couch with my arms crossed. The living room was silent, the only thing that made a sound was the ticking from the grandfather clock. Bella was upstairs packing for her trip to Jacksonville, Florida to see Renee. Naya sat about a arms length away from me on the couch.

"Don't you two have something to say to each other?" Uncle Charlie asked with his arms cross over his chest. He was still in his uniform cause he hadn't changed when he got here. Calling Naya and I to the family room and made us sit on the couch. Bella called him and told on us. 

Ole Snitching ass.

"Yeah." Naya turns to me. "Natalie stop being a difficult bitch and thank me for standing up for you." I glared at her for multiple reasons.

"I didn't need you to stand up for me, I could've done that myself." I tell her still angry with her. All she had to do was ignore them and I would've dealt with it when I got off bedrest.

"Can we settle this without cussing." Uncle Charlie says in a stern tone. I sighed heavily through my nose

"I'm sorry for starting the argument." I apologized to Naya who sat there there with a stubborn look on her face.

"Still a bitch even when apologizing." Naya snaps not even looking at me.

"Fuck you." I hissed standing and left the room without turning back.

Naya

I watched Natalie stalk out of the room. Her footsteps were loud and only last until a door was slammed. Uncle Charlie sighed running a hand over his face.

"I need a beer." He announced before waking towards the kitchen. I sat there for a moment before grabbing my phone and coat and walking out the house shutting the door behind me. I jogged off the porch putting on my jacket. I zipped up my jacket and pulled the hood over my head. I pulled my Bluetooth earphones out my back pocket along with my phone. I turned them on and paired them to phone. I put them in my ears. I went to Spotify and hit a random playlist. The song Royals by Lorde hit my eardrums with a loud beat. I put my phone in my back pocket and started walking down the road.

******

"Let's kill this love, Rum, pum, pum, pum, pum," I stopped when I heard some leaves crunching. I turned my head towards the sound. My heart sped up a bit with slight fear. I scanned the wood line for an animal that made the noise. Thinking it was a squirrel, I shrugged it off and started walking down the road again.