V

V

The stench of blood, disinfectant, urine and other chemical lingered in the air. Keera Mae knew she was in a hospital. She moved her head little and felt so high. She's in some kind of a pain killer.

She heard soft whispers outside her room so she slowly opened her eyes. And there, in front of her was a big bouquet of roses, daisies and lilies, and holding it was a man she has never seen before.

He was the most beautiful man she has ever seen in her life - in person. For her, he should be a god, or she's just halucinating. He had these mesmerizing deep brown eyes and sweet red lips. She stared at him speechless.

"Hi," he finally said after putting the bouquet on her table. "I'm sorry to bother you."
She simply gestured her hand to say 'it's OK.' She was too fond of him to be 'bothered'.
"I'm Patrick" he said and then suddenly all her fantasies were gone. All became clear why he was wearing this nice formal suit. All she wanted to do now was talk to him.

She thought to herself very quickly, There is absolutely no time to lose. But how would she say it with out creeping him out.

"I'm Mikael's friend," he said but corrected that statemet very quickly, "Our family is a family friend of the Saint Claires." He tried explained. "I justed wanted to see if you're..."

Suddenly, like a crazy maniac, she burst out talking without letting him finish, "I talked to Maria Ellis. I mean she said something to me about Jean Michael, her baby, before she died...". She paused because she could see he was the one speechless now.

Then out of no where she heard a voice, " What did she say?" A man leaning by the window said. It looked like Mikael, only older. She had absuletely no idea that he was there. She was so focused on the one in front of her that she didn't notice anyone else was inside. "Jac Saint Claire, pleased to meet you. What did Maria Ellis say before she died?" He asked seriously. He walked closely to her to listen carefully.

She took a deep breath before saying, " She said," The two men waited. But she didn't know what to really say.

What could happen if she told the truth? The Saint Claires and the Berrys fight over Jean Michael. They're both so rich the trial could be forever and it could just traumatize baby Jean Michael. Or Patrick doesn't want anything to do with Jean Michael anyway and she just ruins their family's friendship with the Saint Claires. Or she's a lier who wants more attention and money.

Either way she doesn't like those options. "She said, she loves her baby so much despite of what happened." She lied.

She couldn't tell what they were thinking but either Patrick felt uncomfortable or umipressed with her 'big' revelation. Had he known something was off of what she had just said? He just smiled at Jac Saint Clair and her and left the room.

She could tell that Jac Saint Claire was really tired. His son was in a coma. His son's wife died. And baby Jean Micheal was all he had right now.

"My lawyer will visit you tomorrow at 5 in the evening." He said after laying a check on her table. "This is for my daughter-in-law almost killing you."

He walked towards the door and said his good byes but turned one last time before he left to say, "Be careful Miss Keera, paparazzi will eat you alive. You shouldn't give statements. I'll try to avoid them if I were you."

Her mind must have drifted because her reaction to that was very slow. She couldn't tell if that was a threat or a sincere advice. But one thing was for sure. She will never see them ever again.

She picked up the check and her jaw almost dropped when she saw he wrote 25,000€.

Suddenly her day wasn't so bad after at all.

The End
_____________________________________________________________
Notes:
This short story is for pure entertainment only.
Keera mae is a name I made up.

Thank you for reading. Hope you enjoyed !! :)